The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Nov 24, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #377 of 4,317
The ones in the picture are similar to the ones that come with the 8320..At least the ones on the pic actually stay on the tip. The ones that come with are smaller so if they do fit there is a good chance you still might not have a good sound seal on them as they are very flimsy rubber standard tip.. I made an extra donut cut from those foam earplugs.

You can get a set of those for less than $2 at your local hardware store. For the guys that don't have other tips to try on the 8320.. This is a good way to get better seal on your 8320.. With the added pressure of the foam inserted around the stem of the tip, the foam will expand and fill out the insides of the tip giving you a much better fit.. I would try other tips first and if not this is a cheap and easy alternative.

Nov 24, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #378 of 4,317
I'll say that anyone who looks at the Sennheiser CX buds or any of the Sony extra bass IEMs would do well to check out the 8320s. I haven't tried the CX880s, so I can't speak for them, but the Monoprices definitely outdo my CX300-II, CX400, etc. which were in the $60-$80 price range when released, and, obviously, are made by a well-known and respected manufacturer. The 8320s definitely decimate anything I have heard below $100. Again I haven't heard the RE0, but I've worked in retail for a bit and I've heard a lot of Sony's lower and mid-ranged models, Skullcandies, JVCs, etc. and these wipe the floor with them all. I would take these over the Bose IEMs or Klipsch S4 any day of the week, especially with an amp. The definition isn't quite on par with the S4s, but are much more transparent, and the bass is LEAGUES ahead in terms of definition, nothing like that bloated, muddy mess, and they have none of the hollowness and excessive warmth of the Bose IE or IE2.

Nov 24, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #379 of 4,317

Quote:
I'll say that anyone who looks at the Sennheiser CX buds or any of the Sony extra bass IEMs would do well to check out the 8320s. I haven't tried the CX880s, so I can't speak for them, but the Monoprices definitely outdo my CX300-II, CX400, etc. which were in the $60-$80 price range when released, and, obviously, are made by a well-known and respected manufacturer. The 8320s definitely decimate anything I have heard below $100. Again I haven't heard the RE0, but I've worked in retail for a bit and I've heard a lot of Sony's lower and mid-ranged models, Skullcandies, JVCs, etc. and these wipe the floor with them all. I would take these over the Bose IEMs or Klipsch S4 any day of the week, especially with an amp. The definition isn't quite on par with the S4s, but are much more transparent, and the bass is LEAGUES ahead in terms of definition, nothing like that bloated, muddy mess, and they have none of the hollowness and excessive warmth of the Bose IE or IE2.

Amen! I believe!

Nov 24, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #381 of 4,317

Quote:
Considering the driver size and overall shape, does anyone else think that the Kicker EB141 is OEM'd from this?

Bingo.!.The monoprice Dj headphones are rebrands of the kicker HP541s. This makes complete sense to me.. On the spec sheet the specs of the kicker EB141 is almost exactly the same as the monoprice 8320.. kicker driver size is 14mm.  Monoprice 14.2mm.32 ohms Different shell with same basic design. Same cloth cable..This is indeed interesting. http://www.kicker.com/EB141

Nov 24, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #383 of 4,317

Ds you have become my favorite poster for non technical reasons. You bring life to this technojargon-ridden heap of bells and whistles

etysmile.gif
 Preach on, mate.

Quote:
Amen! I believe!

Nov 24, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #384 of 4,317
Let me tell you guys a bit of what kicker does for there headphones.. About 2 months or so ago there was a very interesting post from a kicker employe about their headphones. He said they reverse engineer their headphones from a famous German make but fine tuned it for better bass. He didn't go into too much detail but that is what I was told. So given this new revelation on why these have proper sound.. I do believe these are Kicker EB141 rebrands..The msrp $80.. Street price $50. Monoprice $7.11. If I would have known how good these sound I would have bought those kickers a long time ago without hesitation.

Nov 24, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #385 of 4,317

Quote:
Let me tell you guys a bit of what kicker does for there headphones.. About 2 months or so ago there was a very interesting post from a kicker employe about their headphones. He said they reverse engineer their headphones from a famous German make but fine tuned it for better bass. He didn't go into too much detail but that is what I was told. So given this new revelation on why these have proper sound.. I do believe these are Kicker EB141 rebrands..The msrp $80.. Street price $50. Monoprice $7.11. If I would have known how good these sound I would have bought those kickers a long time ago without hesitation.

So it's the same monoprice, a better build and may be more smooth sound for 43 bucks?

Nov 24, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #386 of 4,317

Quote:

Those look nothing like the monoprice 8320.

Also, after more than 24 hours of consecutive burn in, the 8320's have cleared up quite a bit. They seem to be able to keep up with fast paced and complex tracks without struggling. Everything i hear is pretty clear, and to my surprise, doesn't give me much of that trapped in your head feeling that my m9's give me.

Nov 25, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #389 of 4,317
if there is gonna be another EU group buy, i'm in

I think there are still more available from some1.(his name makes me feel like i don't know his name) Monoprice only notified me now that the order is ready, so i should be shipping them to him tommarow. Theyll probably arrive next Monday so it might be a small wait but they should be worth it. Ill review them tommarrow when i get them.

Nov 25, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #390 of 4,317

Quote:
So it's the same monoprice, a better build and may be more smooth sound for 43 bucks?

Well I remember a comment a headfier made about the DJ headphones on another thread about monoprice headphones in general. I believe these headphones come from the same factory as where their kicker brands are made in China. I bet they are using the same drivers for monoprice as the Kicker EB141.. When alexm23 threw up that suggestion that they might be kicker rebrands, thanks for that by the way.,that made complete sense as the monoprice Dj cans are the exact same as the Kicker HP541 but only cost $20...I have no idea how I could have not realized these are using the same drivers.

I think I might have overlooked the EB141 at the time was because at first look they do look different. The reason how I discovered these was because I was looking for another rebrand from monoprice. I ended up buying 5 headphones and earphones to try out.. None of them were anything special except these 8320... So I am certain the sound is going to be very similar if not the same, if they are using the same drivers. The only way anyone will %100 be sure of this is if someone buys a kicker EB141 that has a monoprice 8320 and compares the 2 in sound.

I am very confident that these are indeed the same drivers.  Both have identical specs and that 32ohms. I know the housing is completely different but both use 14mm drivers.. If you do look at them side to side the design is indeed the same. The EB141 has the same air holes where the kicker logo is. They both share the same fundamental driver housing style. The only difference is you have to pay much more for the kicker EB141.. You do realize you can get something like.. Better tips and a E6 with a 8320.. To truly enjoy the 8320 over the Eb141.  Reading some of the reviews on the EB141 it is pretty much in line with what our experiences are with the 8320.. Great sound but questionable design..At full retail price I would complain a bit more about the design too I suppose, but at our price..Who cares. We just have to find better tips is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back