The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Nov 20, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #153 of 4,317

Quote:

i kinda hate to bring this up but i think it needs to be said; what is a reasonable expectation for a 7 dollar iem? they work? somewhat musical? don't explode? or like the kcs75 a little jem? i can hope for the last, then again i not paying a whole lot for shipping. it's more a novelty that might surprise me, hey i can hope! i find this entire thread very entertaining. even though i don't have my order i've already gotten 7 dollars worth of chuckles. tks ds

Thanks for being entertained.. I remember when I first joined this community and I read countess reviews and thoughts about sound and it seems the more higher end the equipment the more it reminded me of my college days when you have to read numerous boring reports of stuff you will quickly forget a day later..

I do have a sense of humor and I see almost none of it around here so I immediately took the position of thinking. If I am going to contribute to these sites I am not going to do more of the same.. All my posts minus one Portable bass kings read is like this. Some people like it some people hate it.. Plus I carefully choose what I post here.  Why a $7.11 earphone? Lets just say I know earphone fans/music fans will appreciate this find and you don't have to spend $400 on it.. These are for everyone. Lets just wait for some impressions and you guys will understand.

Quote:

You sound like a shill. 

Serious. 

Thats what it is.. I am here to get you to buy 10 cheaper product instead of one expensive one.

I have nothing against high end product in fact who don't want to try out a LCD3 after Jude is recommending them for a mere 2K, after all I am an enthusiast much like everyone else here. I have spent thousands on headphones and gear myself the reason why I choose unknown product is because I saw a hole here at headfi.. We talk about anything Sennheiser and the like what sounds like heaven has landed on our ears yet. When a no named cheapo product sounds great that is hugely ignored just because it isn't a Sennheiser.. To me this is a travesty..

Our hobby should be about options. We all have different levels of income and sound preference.. I think everyone here would love to get a Westone 4 and listen to it off your tube DAC,. But I know for a fact for every person that owns one there will be thousands that can only read about it because they have a hard time just paying for rent.. I know you guys aren't expecting miracles from these little IEMS I have shown this community. But for me, if I am gonna be called an inside stooge or a clown or anything like that but end up helping out a poor student who gets their money from a part time job just to afford books get a similar experience off a product that don't cost and arm and a leg,.. Then call me a shill..Cus no one else around here is doing it...

Nov 20, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #154 of 4,317

Quote:
Looking for another 2 people in UK to do a group buy, Jonny has already ordered, i missed the boat sadly

PM John in Cali..I think once some impressions roll in there will be more guys from your neck of the woods that will be interested. There will be a 2nd boat soon enough.. Keep an eye out for impressions here very soon.

Nov 20, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #157 of 4,317
i've decided to do a review when i get them, for the sake of irony i will compare the directly to stax lambdas using 24/96 files with a lowery dac and some krell monoblocks in superman's fortress of solitude.
the thread topic i'm waiting for is when the knockoffs sound better than the originals and people complain that they got the real ones on ebay, not the fakes.
maybe it's already happened and i missed it.

Nov 20, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #159 of 4,317
Camping for impressions.

And is that a plastic or metal casing? I have to say it looks pretty ugly but for $7 what more can you expect?

Would like to hear impressions against the current budget crop such as the Meelec M9.

Nov 20, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #160 of 4,317

Quote:

You sound like a shill. 

Serious. 

+1 . stop throwing out prices such as $400. we know it's not true so stop. stop talking so well about these and just let the comments flow in. i thought i'd be the only one to buy them honestly, because for $9 i couldn't go wrong. But, I was wrong and you've gotten many people to keep buying due to your constant talk about them. Just chill like a cucumber and let the comments flow in. it's getting to the point where nobody has reviewed them yet, but still you're promoting them harder than ever. let the reviewers do the talking here. I thought I'd be the only one to do it honestly, and you did a good job marketing these, now sit back, relax, and let us decide for ourselves.

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #161 of 4,317

Quote:
+1 . stop throwing out prices such as $400. we know it's not true so stop. stop talking so well about these and just let the comments flow in. i thought i'd be the only one to buy them honestly, because for $9 i couldn't go wrong. But, I was wrong and you've gotten many people to keep buying due to your constant talk about them. Just chill like a cucumber and let the comments flow in. it's getting to the point where nobody has reviewed them yet, but still you're promoting them harder than ever. let the reviewers do the talking here. I thought I'd be the only one to do it honestly, and you did a good job marketing these, now sit back, relax, and let us decide for ourselves.

Right..I think enough guys are getting them. I will just see what happens.. Never said they sound like a $400 earphone. I am just hearing a sound quality that is way above their cost is all. Just be realistic is all I ask..There will never be replacement for hi fi stuff but hi fi stuff me thinks. It is just amazing to me how close low end stuff might come to them though.

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #162 of 4,317
very often i just have to shut it when it comes to something new and let it soak in. otherwise every thread i see when someone asks "what should i get?" i think they would really like these <insert new iem here> ds, i really like your enthusiasm here but i HAVE to take all these post by users i don't know and don't have a long history as a reviewer with a great number of headphones.  I use my personal "filter" knowing how i react to new equipment. In this thread its a "low pass" filter, get it? its a joke,.... i have no doubt that these will exceed my expectations since i'm keeping it low on purpose!
rave on ds, no one gets hurt by opinions and your entitled to yours.

Nov 20, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #165 of 4,317

Quote:
Well I think a bunch of people will be getting these tomorrow...have to admit I'm definitely curious. He did say they sounded like some $200-$300 IEMs...wonder how that plays out XD

Well that is it.. I don't have $200-$300 Iems. but I do have headphones that cost that much. Having both headphones and the way they sound vs these little iems.. If you guys read the complaints of some of them. For example. The M50. .Many love them for good reason. However I know many that don't. I bought a M50 while back just to see if the hype was warranted.. To my surprise while they have a nice clean sound and full bass. The sound stage was confining and the highs on some tunes sounded robotic to me..Having a decent collection of other phones. I can safely say the highs on the M50 are colored and artificial sounding compared to what we all consider normal or dynamic. Plus the mids are indeed recessed on those and while electronic music sound decent to good on them you get live instruments with vocals and it is another story.

If you are gonna spend a $100- $300 on sound equipment then they better sound good for whatever music you have but I find out a long time ago that just is not the case. Cans are all definitely colored toward one sound or another.. The monoprice is not a $200-$300 Iem at all and I don't expect people to say they sound like it. But I do know one thing. These little Iems to my ears sound more complete than a lot of the higher end cans I own and therefore I can listen to just about all my music with them.. That alone is worth what they ask..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back