The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)
Jul 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #556 of 1,080
Apparently some newspaper called Veja has been cited as a source claiming that Anderson wants a rematch with Weidman, however, some brazilian redditer wrote this:

[size=small] PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. Before you hype on this train, bare in mind that Lauro Jardim is the editor of one of the most famous magazines in Brazil. Veja.[/size]

[size=small] Veja is very famous for lying most of the time to favour their political side. EVERYONE in Brazil knows not to believe 100% of the **** that they post. Google 'Veja' and 'Veja Mente' (veja lies) you will see plenty of blogs and people talking about how this magazine twist the facts to their favour and invent a lot of ****. Biased, bought out press.[/size]

[size=small] He still keeps a column where he talks about some backstage stuff from polytics, sports, TV, etc. Probably his reporters get some information from somewhere, tell him and he posts it on his column without checking them just to get people to read and talk about his magazine. Just like the whole world is doing it right now.[/size]

[size=small] He also has no connections and does not follow MMA. And the last place Anderson would tell something like that would be in Veja. I'm pretty sure even Anderson hasn't made up his mind about this yet.[/size]

[size=small] I've lost my faith in the man for many many years. A lot of the ******** he writes never happens BUT I've personally known stuff he wrote that to be 100% lie. He claimed some stuff from my soccer club during 2 months and meanwhile I had direct contact with the president of the club and he talked to me in person that he had no idea how the guy invented so many wrong and totally ridiculous stuff. Don't have to tell you that every single line he wrote about it never happened at all. Every damn weak he gives some insiders breaking news and 80-90% never come true.[/size]

[size=small] It could be truth? YEAH. It is? Probably NOT. His accuracy record is horrible.[/size]

[size=small] I'm not telling this won't happen. I'm just saying this source, probably knows as much as all of us and is guessing ONE MORE TIME.[/size]

[size=small] Lauro Jardim and Veja are not credible sources.[/size]

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/7/9/4509582/ufc-162-report-anderson-silva-wants-rematch-chris-weidman-in-february-2014-mma-news
http://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/1i03ic/silva_wants_rematch_in_february/caznzxm

Who knows what to believe here? I wouldn't be surprised if Anderson does want the rematch, however, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. As said, I wouldn't mind seeing Vitor (with or without TRT) fighting for the belt.

Jul 10, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #557 of 1,080
I would expect Silva to want a rematch after how awful he looked crumbling to the ground after Weidman's hook caught him.  As image conscious as he is, I doubt he wants that to be his final big highlight in an otherwise amazing career.  

While I do find Silva's antics in the ring in recent years overly cocky, he's still in the conversation for being among the all time greats in MMA and I wouldn't mind seeing him fight again if this loss helps him take these last fights in his contract more seriously.

Jul 10, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #558 of 1,080
Weidman said right after the fight that he was up for a rematch, and IIRC he implied that he would be fine with any timetable.

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #559 of 1,080
Holy crap!

Hendricks and GSP!

Holy crap!  That'll be great no matter what ends up happening.  GSP has got to be worried about this one.

Weidman is done.  Sorry.  Spotlight time is over with.

Rua and Sonnen will be an epic battle.

Conduit is an angry man, so I would be fearful if I was his opponent.

Jones and Gustafsson, not sure.  Bones is due for a beat down?  Eh, maybe not yet.

Jul 14, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #561 of 1,080
Who cares anymore!  

GSP and Hendricks!?

Rua and Sonnen!?

Should be some excellent battles upcoming for some excellent viewage.

Jul 15, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #564 of 1,080
Did you guys see Invicta? One of their sponsors is V-Moda. I think Tito Ortiz was wearing the M-100, when cornering Cyborg. Damn that Cyborg seems indestructible.

A good night of fights, as usual when it comes to Invicta, with a few of the fights being particularly good. I was impressed with a lot of them, but Inoue is probably the name that sticks in my head the most. Penne was being a bit disrespectful, which made her loss to Waterson last Invicta feel a bit better.

Jul 15, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #566 of 1,080
Quote:
Did you guys see Invicta? One of their sponsors is V-Moda. I think Tito Ortiz was wearing the M-100, when cornering Cyborg. Damn that Cyborg seems indestructible.

A good night of fights, as usual when it comes to Invicta, with a few of the fights being particularly good. I was impressed with a lot of them, but Inoue is probably the name that sticks in my head the most. Penne was being a bit disrespectful, which made her loss to Waterson last Invicta feel a bit better.

I did. Not bad for 14 bucks. I thought Rose "thug" won her fight and as much as I like Lauren Taylor, I didn't think she should have gotten the win either. There was mostly good fights though and it wasn't too much lay n' pray going on with the wrestlers, so I was happy. They have the recorded replays for free if you wanna see any of it again by the way. 

Jul 15, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #568 of 1,080
Quote:
I did. Not bad for 14 bucks. I thought Rose "thug" won her fight and as much as I like Lauren Taylor, I didn't think she should have gotten the win either. There was mostly good fights though and it wasn't too much lay n' pray going on with the wrestlers, so I was happy. They have the recorded replays for free if you wanna see any of it again by the way. 

I need to see the prelims. I didn't see them. As for Rose and Lauren, I think I actually agreed with the judges when I saw the fights, however, I need to watch them again in order to even begin making an argument. In other words, take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Jul 15, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #569 of 1,080
Quote:
I need to see the prelims. I didn't see them. As for Rose and Lauren, I think I actually agreed with the judges when I saw the fights, however, I need to watch them again in order to even begin making an argument. In other words, take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I'm probably a little biased, but I think Rose did enough to win. It was a great fight though and could have gone either way. 

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #570 of 1,080
Just discovered this thread and thank god I'm not the only one into boxing/MMA here :D

Oh, also, this might be a little late but, despite me being a huge silva fan, he deserved to lose. I can't imagine someone going into the octagon and dancing like that. Hell, I don't even like to do that even if I'm sparring at my gym just for fun. It's really disrespectful towards your opponent, and it shouldn't be done.

Any news on who Weidman is going against in the next event?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back