The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)
Mar 3, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #526 of 1,080
Wow, that gif, Coq de Combat.  

Missed the card but caught some highlights.  That was a brutal slugfest.  Not much strategy from Silva or Stann, just straight plant your lead foot in range of the other and throw.  

Mar 3, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #528 of 1,080
I can only remember two times, but it's possible it was three times as well.
Quote:
Wow, that gif, Coq de Combat.  

Missed the card but caught some highlights.  That was a brutal slugfest.  Not much strategy from Silva or Stann, just straight plant your lead foot in range of the other and throw.  

If you can, you definitely must watch the last two fights, the one with Hunt and the one with Wanderlei. The latter was some sick good ol' ultra-"out of this world"-violence just the way Wanderlei is happy to deliver it, and Stann is not late to that party. The result is spectacular and people on MMA forums are already talking about it as Round of the Year. To be honest, it'll be hard to top that one, and even Dana saw that and awarded both KOTN and FOTN bonuses there.

Hunt also received a KOTN bonus for that KO. That Hunt KO though, was just nasty. 

Mar 3, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #529 of 1,080
Oh no way!  Nice X ray!  Ha ha!

Struve was standing there in the pocket for too long just taking it, and then Hunt nailed it.  Struve's mistake.

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #530 of 1,080
Mark Hunt is the man. He'll never hold the belt, or likely even fight for it, but his Cinderella story is hard to beat. I was screaming at him each time it went to the ground, and even harder when he was the one who TOOK it to the ground. Loved the fight-ending combo though. He broke Struve's jaw. I'd love to see him fight the winner or loser of Dos Santos/Overeem. He has a loss to Overeem but I'd love to see a rematch.

Great Main Event too! Good to see Silva get the win in front of his old fans. Props to Stann for standing in the pocket and bangin'. That was fun.

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #531 of 1,080
Complementary pic to the last Hunt pic:

Yeah Hunt has a great comeback atm. He may never fight for the belt, no, but honestly though ... I don't care. He's just fun to watch and the kind of guy you laugh 'with' and not 'at'.

Just to showcase his badassness:

For reference, that is a Cro Cop LHK. Those are fight ending. Hunt shrugs it off and keeps on fighting. My conclusion is that the mans bones are probably just not made out of the same material as the rest of the world.

Mar 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #532 of 1,080
That's a great pic of just after the left hook landed on Struve.  I can't believe how lazy Struve was with his hands down and expect to survive getting hit by someone who has KO power like Hunt.  Lazy or arrogant.  

Mar 4, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #533 of 1,080
Quote:
It's amazing how tall Struve is...

Not tall enough!  
tongue.gif

Mar 4, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #534 of 1,080
That is indeed a great picture!  Wham!
Quote:
I can't believe how lazy Struve was with his hands down and expect to survive getting hit by someone who has KO power like Hunt.  Lazy or arrogant.  

It wasn't lazy, it was either dumb or arrogant.  No one in their right mind should think they can stand there and takes those from Hunt.  The man has tree trunks in place of his limbs.

Mar 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #535 of 1,080
I'm going with dumb, or at the least ignorant of Hunt's power.

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #537 of 1,080
Anyone feeling more and more unimpressed everytime GSP is fighting on two feet instead of on his knees?

Not that I like his G&P either.. but.. I just can't find myself enjoying any GSP fights.. not in a long time. Not since he transitioned from a Kyokushin Striker to an all out Wrestler.

The only fight I ever remember enjoying since he got the title might've been him knocking out Hughes and destroying Koscheck with JUST jabs.

just felt like venting my frustration with his performances lately..

Apr 16, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #539 of 1,080
X3, looking forward to Hunt dropping him like a Struve-style stone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back