The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)
Dec 17, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #917 of 1,080
Either match-up would be fine with me, let's get it on
popcorn.gif

Dec 21, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #920 of 1,080
I've liked the Diaz bros for years. Just for the entertainment. But he really brought it this time. Looked great. Joe or Mike said 371 days since last fight. I'd say it's done him some good. Or a lot of good. It was no contest.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #921 of 1,080
Diaz was accurate and just dialed in. He's the definition of punk, but I have to admit it adds to the entertainment. Not surprised Cowboy lost. I follow him on twitter and he's always out doing hobbies. At this level, you pretty much have to put 100% into training.

Dec 22, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #922 of 1,080
Cerrone even said at the post press he just didn't bring it. Well, duh. I'm not, not a fan of his, but never cared much for his fights.

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #924 of 1,080
Wonder what weight he walk around at. But you know what he thinks, he's the greatest gift to the MMA there is and will have all the belts he can and can't be stopped by anyone.

After an Edgar fight I hope he moves up to 155. Or even better, 170. :)

Jan 5, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #925 of 1,080
Can't believe they didn't give it to Condit. If they make it to where you have to knock out the champ to take the belt, then the UFC is going to get boring. Lawler clearly lost the fight. 

Hope the UFC doesn't go the way of boxing. 

Jan 7, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #926 of 1,080
^ I wouldn't say "clearly" --- if you judge it as just one whole fight, then Condit definitely won. But these things being scored by rounds, you have two rounds for Lawler (2 and 5) and one round that could have gone either way (3)... so even though I also think Condit should have won, it's not as clear a robbery as a lot of people make it out to be.

Jan 7, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #929 of 1,080
For me it was the fifth round, Condit just couldn't stop Lawler no matter how many punches he threw they had no power while Lawler's power was undeniable. I was rooting for Condit but in the end he just couldn't finish the fight. I was disappointed in the decision but I get it. Even though Condit landed more punches than Lawler even threw, he should have gone for a takedown in the fifth because his punches had no sting at that point--I was yelling at him but he evidently didn't hear me lol. It was that close imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back