The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)
Aug 15, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #887 of 1,080
i would say at least 80% of the fighters are on PEDs..

Aug 17, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #888 of 1,080
i would say at least 80% of the fighters are on PEDs..

It's hard to say if that statement holds any weight. I mean on one hand the very high level fighters have to pass tests all the time, on the other hand there are so many fighters out there not in the UFC, Bellator, WSOF, etc. that the number may be accurate. I know a handful of fighters and while they might not be UFC/Bellator level the individual state athletic commissions (most) do require them to submit pre-fight blood work from a legit facility...

Oct 4, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #889 of 1,080
After ufc 192 I think that bader may have a point, in that the lh division is wide open and he has as good a shot of taking it as anyone. At least until jones gets his act together (which could be a very long time
tongue.gif
).

Nov 14, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #891 of 1,080
Don't look now, but I think that Holm may actually have a shot tonight
popcorn.gif

I've seen hype like this before, and if I was still a betting man I'd lay a few fins and take the long odds.

edit

Nov 18, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #892 of 1,080
Good to see the hype train go off the rails. Joe Rogan who says everything is "work class" etc., said there's no one like her, "in the history of the world" LOL. 

Anyway, she was kind of an ass, so I'm glad she lost. I don't see how she would win the rematch either. All she has is wrestling. When they avoid that, she's got nothing left. 

Nov 27, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #893 of 1,080
Nov 30, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #896 of 1,080
@robm321, I will respond with the definition of a winky-face emoticon and redundantly offer a hint: it has to do with sarcasm
rolleyes.gif

Anyone hyped for UFC194?
Quite a similair sitatuion with McGregor compared to Ronda in the sense of trash talking.

Agreed but McGregor can at least box, and from what I've seen he can take quite a punch as well.
I'm hoping for a really good bout, and think we may get it
popcorn.gif

edit: the co-main event should be a stellar one, I'm also looking forward to it.

Nov 30, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #897 of 1,080
Aldo will either not show up, or run around a bit until McGregor settles in and starts making fun of him and either works him over or get clocked by a surprise kick to the side of the head and Aldo wins. One or the other is going sleepy time.

Or, it might be a bloody mess by the end.

Oh and Weidman v Rockhold is gonna be bad ass. No idea what's gonna happen but it better be Weidman winning after all this him beating Anderson Silva twice stuff.

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #898 of 1,080
  @robm321, I will respond with the definition of a winky-face emoticon and redundantly offer a hint: it has to do with sarcasm
rolleyes.gif

Ah, sorry. I though you were being pedant about grapple vs wrestle.

Your point is fully understood now 
beerchug.gif

Re: UFC 194 - I'm definitely looking forward to it. McGregor still hasn't fully been tested. The only thing that has been proven is that he is legit. Beating a last minute stand in doesn't say a whole lot. That said, he's a very well rounded fighter, so its a bit different than Rhonda. Women are just starting to come up, so the lack of competition has allowed her to be a one trick pony and get away with it. Well, until now hehe.  

Dec 12, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #899 of 1,080
So, I heard there was kind of a big fight tonight 
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back