The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)
Jun 4, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #796 of 1,080
^ LOL - gettin high and buying whores. Not exactly the young guy he started out as. Money corrupts.

Jun 14, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #797 of 1,080
Wow did Velasquez get manhandled last night or what, never seen anybody do that to him before. By the end of the 2nd round he was a punching bag.

Jun 14, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #799 of 1,080
I think the altitude played a big part in canes getting tired quickly. Mexico City is 2000 feet above Denver. Werdum stayed there 2 months prior so he got used to it. Also the two your layoff probably didn't help that much. Canes cardio is always been insane. Can should not have been bombed on like that.

Jun 14, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #801 of 1,080
Damage to MCL and meniscus with surgery

Jun 14, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #803 of 1,080
He looked terrible, if Mark Hunt or Arlovski hit him with those shots he'd be asleep. He was eating shots like a mofo. I'd like to see Arlovski get a title shot and if his jaw holds up somehow win it lol

Jun 14, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #804 of 1,080
For a moment I thought Cain was saving something for the championship rounds, but he had nothing. Werdum is a bigger man, and he was on a big roll as well -- winning his last 5 fights in a row. Velasquez looked like he didn't even take his knee rehab seriously, much less like a heavyweight champion. I think that Werdum might have some staying power.

Jun 14, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #805 of 1,080
Yep. He gassed out in the first round. Probably a combo of ring rust and not listening to Javiar Mendes when he told him he needed to train at Altitude for longer than two weeks. I was kind of glad to see it happen truth be told. I not a huge fan of Cane's grinding style, and I love a good underdog story. Congrats to Wedum. Brazil gets to keep one of their Belts. I'm glad I didn't bet on this Card. I would have lost money on Velasquez and Melendez. 

Jun 14, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #808 of 1,080
The HW division is weak.  I agree though I don't think he will hold on to the belt long.  I think he had a lucky run kind of like how Bigfoot did a while back.  What I really want to see is Aldo kick Connor McGregor's ass...

Jun 14, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #809 of 1,080
I'm tired of Aldo's kicks, but I'm also tired of McGregor's BS.

I expect a hyper active first round, then ... I don't know.

Jun 14, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #810 of 1,080
It might be fun to see the aftermath if McGregor actually pulls it off though. The jury is still out on him as far as I'm concerned. I have yet to see him stand with anyone really good yet. If he can beat Aldo convincingly, I'd be okay with a new Champ. Let Ireland go nuts with it for awhile. It might kick Aldo in the ass and we'll get more exciting fights out of him. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back