The Minecraft Thread (server is OFF, I miss MC)
Mar 28, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #17 of 402

Quote:
Saw my nephew playing Minecraft on his MacBook Pro and it looked amusing. What's the objective of the game?

Get materials, build stuff. Repeat. It's a sandbox game in the truest sense of the word!

Mar 28, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #19 of 402

Quote:
time to setup the head-fi private server. >:] 

do let us know 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Saw my nephew playing Minecraft on his MacBook Pro and it looked amusing. What's the objective of the game?

mine, gather, build, craft, destroy, fight, biuld, mine, gather, die, build, die, mine, die, die, die, die, build. creativity in its pure form, and death.

try it, it doesnt need instalation, be careful tho, is highly addictive.

http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp

Mar 28, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #20 of 402
I play on peaceful mode, so assuming I don't fall in lava or off of my buildings, I don't die.
tongue.gif

Also, here's some actual screenshots of my giant structure.

One of the things I really want to do next is make it look as though the pillars could actually hold this thing up. I finally replenished my stone supply a bit, so maybe I'll do that next.
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #21 of 402
I LOVES me some Minecraft!

Mar 28, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #27 of 402
lol'd. Lava is hard to get rid of in large quantities. I once screwed up pouring lava, and despite scooping up the source the rest of it didn't go away. I had to throw water over it and hack away at it. Took like an hour to get it all cleaned up.
tongue.gif

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #28 of 402
Decided my structure looked a little silly sitting on just a few small supports, so I built these.

Shame I still need two more. Two large boxes of stone just don't go as far as they used to...

Cartograph view.

Even built the supports through the ice to the ground!

Apr 2, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #29 of 402
Holy crap Kukuk! Sometimes I kick myself for not being able to create something fantastic like that. I mean, I LOVE Minecraft, I have been addicted to it for few months. Yet I am unable to picture anything cool to build. I am good at mimicking but my actual creativity is zero. Waste of a good game/creativity toy.

Apr 2, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #30 of 402
time to setup the head-fi private server. >:] 

I'm up for hosting a server, if people are that interested. Test my university internet connection to the limit.

It would, of course, not be an official head-fi server, but at least a place for a few of us to hang out in Minecraft :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back