The Mi Headphones by Xiaomi (Lively Discussions starting Page 7)
Jun 11, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #121 of 139
good find there Caipirina

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #123 of 139
Ibuygou is a legit reseller.

Aug 14, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #125 of 139
Just randomly, I found mi service centre in my capital today and tried the mi headphone. It's coupled with over ear pad. I only test one song though. Muse - muscle museum.

I'm not here to review. Jut my extremely brief impression.

Compared to my superlux evo (semi open), these mi headphone sounds muddy. Ok highs and muffled mids. Granted I only test with one song but it painted me unimpressed.

Just my 2 cent.

Aug 19, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #126 of 139
Just randomly, I found mi service centre in my capital today and tried the mi headphone. It's coupled with over ear pad. I only test one song though. Muse - muscle museum.

I'm not here to review. Jut my extremely brief impression.

Compared to my superlux evo (semi open), these mi headphone sounds muddy. Ok highs and muffled mids. Granted I only test with one song but it painted me unimpressed.

Just my 2 cent.

IMHO Mi Headphone's best feature is the fantastic feel of the cable, and the fantastic build and parts.  Like the rail that you adjust headphone fit with, that doesn't look cheap, the folding mechanism is quite well made.  Care has been taken to make the can itself AS CHEAP AS POSSIBLE while giving you the Golden Aluminum Can look. (very very very cheap/thin formed aluminum with plastic structure inside.

I'm still trying to figure out where can I find some fine replacement drivers, and possibly some modding info on how to mod this thing to be bearable... :wink:

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #129 of 139
So overall, for $90 would you recommend them? Right now I'm mostly using the Superlux HD-681 for home use and Piston v2 for outdoors, but I don't really like IEM's. The HD-681 is however too big and too open for outdoor use. So, the Mi headphones with on-ear pads - yes or no?

Sep 14, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #130 of 139
  So overall, for $90 would you recommend them? Right now I'm mostly using the Superlux HD-681 for home use and Piston v2 for outdoors, but I don't really like IEM's. The HD-681 is however too big and too open for outdoor use. So, the Mi headphones with on-ear pads - yes or no?

Only tried a modded Xiaomi phone last June, so I cannot comment about it, but overall I wasn't really impressed by the sound. It was just ok. I have HD-681, And I prefer HD681 slightly.

Oct 6, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #131 of 139
Oh my cable started giving bad reception.

You know at the audio jack I'm getting only one ear sound unless I play with it some. Anyone have any idea where I can buy a replacement cable?
I contacted xiaomi but they say to contact my seller. I contacted my seller but they just asked me how much my local shop ask for a replacement.

My local shop does not have this cable though.

Thank you

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #132 of 139
Oct 28, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #133 of 139
Just received mine sealed 15min ago, I'm so excited to test it through my Fiio E11k and my Z3 , including express shipping I paid $120 and hope it's totally worth it, I gonna post my impressions soon ☺

After having spent about an hour with the beast, here're my second first impressions ( I tried the Mi Headphones about 5min in shop some couple of weeks ago).

First of all, this is not a Sennheiser HD600 nor a Beyerdynamic T5p killer, but it easily kills every sub $300 headphones including all the Beats by Dre lineup, Marshall's and Harman Kardon CL.

Changing the pads seemed to be easy on the guide's diagram, but it's not ! Actually you have to put some extra pressure at a harmful limit to get the default on-ear pad off the driver, I did a fist audition directly with the default on-ear pads, the phones plugged into my Sammy GS6 and WOW !!! The bass is awesome,with clear highs but quite recessed mids, I had to raise the mids through the stock equalizer settings to hear Zara Lawson's voice the way it should, switching to the over-the-ear pads brings better mids, more soundstage but on this occasion the bass seems to be inexistant . I think that the over ear position should more please classical music lovers but not for those looking for a dynamic and punchy bass, also be sure that the headphones are no more foldable with the big over the ear pads. I had to switch the on-ear pads back to make it portable.

Once plugged in the Fiio E11k, things started to be weird as with the bass button switched on I'm getting too much vibrations through the on-ear, as if someone is hitting the wall with a hammer near your ears, that I had to lower the bass on the GS6 to get it more enjoyable and comfortable .

Durability wise, the Mi Headphones seems to be good enough for the coming five years with moderate and careful usage, I somewhat dislike the way the cable ends splitting on the drivers' jacks, it's way too thin and fragile so take care ! On the other end (3.5mm jack)the cable seems to be rough and comfortable enough for OTG usage.

The overall SQ is good but I did'nt got the opportunity to try it with my Z3 as it's battery died when I reached home. For the asking price $95 plus $25 express shipping I paid for, they worth it !

Gonna let it through burn-in sessions so we'll hear if things get better after 200 hrs, my main concern is the recessed mids as it sounds on a " V " shape, let see if it improves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back