The Meizu M6 Miniplayer is AWESOME! GET ONE!!!
Mar 13, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #107 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it drives my ksc75's without ant distortion at all, but i listen to it on 40/40 when in a noisy area and fell it's still a bit low. at work, i use about 15/40 as to not bother anyone else around me.

I am thinking about purchasing one of these, but i am concerned about its power output and hiss. I have a UE 5 super fi and sennheiser hd595. Could anyone give me some input on the hiss with the UE 5's or the ability to power the HD595's?

Thanks

Mar 13, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #108 of 118
It drives HD595's fine, but it hisses with my E500's. I use the line attenuator to get rid of the hiss, though it's still there when I listen at louder volumes. While I had a XP amp with the LM6172 opamp configuration (gain of 5), there was zero hiss until I turned the amp to full volume with the music paused. But then again, I couldn't listen any louder than 11 on the amp, so turning it to 5 was never going to happen.

Apr 6, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #109 of 118
Bumping this up. I've been eyeing this player as well. Does anyone know where you can buy this in Canada?

Also compared to the Cowon D2 and Trekstor Vibez, how does the Meizu Miniplayer compare?

Apr 6, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #110 of 118
I bought an 8GB unit off of eBay from Hong Kong (poly_treasure). With shipping, I paid just over $170US. It took about 2 weeks to get here, no problems. The player sounds awesome with my UM1s. My hard drive players are an H120 and 5G Ipod (with RSA Tomahawk) - they provide a good point of reference. The sound is full and balanced. The player doesn't sound good with my PX100s and doesn't have the power to drive my SR80s. It also sounds like crap with my Senn CX300s.

The touch pad is very sensitive and requires a bit of focus to work with. The menu system is a close clone of the IPod; although, you can browse by ID tags or folders. What I don't like about the IPod firmware, and the M6 firmware, is how you have to back out to the top level menu to return to the 'Now Playing' screen.

The player operates in MSC and MTP modes. It supports M3U playlists, which can be made on the player (just like playlists can be made on IPods).

I can't say enough about the synergy between this player and my UM1s.

-Pony

Apr 7, 2007 at 2:34 PM Post #112 of 118
I may have been a little harsh about the CX300s, but in comparison to the UM1s they do sound like crap. The player has a 10 band equalizer plus separate bass and treble boost settings. With the UM1s, I have a flat EQ across the board with a medium amount of bass and treble boost - heaven.

With the CX300s, the bass is bloated and the mids are recessed. I crank the bass boast down and tweak with the 10 band EQ. I can reach a decent sound, but the sound is not nearly as full/alive as with the UM1s. The sound is very linear with the CX300s (no soundstage effect). The opposite is true with the UM1s. I understand that these are different classes of IEMs.

-Pony

Apr 9, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #115 of 118
That's a relief =) I read how the UM1 sounds amazing WITH an amp I almost ran out and bought a LDM+. This gives me a reason to save money now =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PouncePony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've tried it with my RSA Tomahawk and the player sounds better without the amp.

Amping M6 also talked about here link

-KeithY

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #117 of 118
Did the company ever make another mp3 player after this one? I see they only make phones and headphones. I guess the M6 did not sell good enough. Sad cause the M6 is right up there with the clip+.

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #118 of 118
Did the company ever make another mp3 player after this one? I see they only make phones and headphones. I guess the M6 did not sell good enough. Sad cause the M6 is right up there with the clip+.

No, this was their last full featured player. They came out with something smaller with less features while this was still out. Everyone thought it was a stop-gap until they released an upgrade to the M6 but that never happened, instead they announced they were going to complete with Apples iphone and no longer focus on media players. They took awhile to bring out the first phone, but apparently they've been fairly successful, but now they just make decent Android phones in a world of decent Android phones instead of innovative media players, which they obviously had the talent for.

As far as how well it sold, I don't know, but it was very popular in the States at the time. Walgreen's drug store actually licensed it and sold it through their online store. There was certainly plenty of interest in a follow-up, but like I said, that never happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back