The MDR-CD3000 Appreciation Thread.
Dec 20, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #61 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Habib
Is that your new and used CD3000s[x2] or newish used CD3000[x1]??

Sorry for the cryptic comment Habib. I posted earlier in the thread that I bought virometal's CD3000, and that is what arrived yesterday. He was the second owner, so they have been around awhile. I had a little time to listen last night and liked the sound very much. Everything sounded good, but the peak moment came when I listened to Bargain by The Who. That was incredibly sweet on the CD3Ks.

Actually, the CD3000s[x2] question is quite relevant because my wife listened and shockingly said that she wants some of these headphones for Christmas! I don't know if I can find another set of CD3Ks in time for this weekend, but if anyone is waivering, let me know and maybe we can make a quick deal!
3000smile.gif

Dec 21, 2005 at 10:29 PM Post #62 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by felixkrull6
You guys have all made me want to get a pair of the CD3000s. Damn you!
biggrin.gif
I was looking on the web and it looks like some places have them for sale but it seems that everyone here agrees that they are no longer in productions which makes me worried about buying them from the websites that froogle shows. Anybody know anything about this? Thanks.

Ban

About 9 months ago, I was hunting for CD3K's and also found sites that listed them as available. I called every single one and, after checking stock, no one had a set. One guy even took my number and said he would chase down a few master distributors known to carry this line. A day or so later, he called to tell me that there are none to be found in the U. S. At that point, I got lucky and located another Head-Fier willing to sell his CD3K's. The deal was consummated and I have loved them ever since. I own Senn HD-650 and STAX SR-404, but for my electronic musical equipment (e.g. Roland V-Drums, MalletKat, Yamaha Digital Stage Piano), the Sony CD-3000 cannot be beat.

KenB

Dec 21, 2005 at 10:46 PM Post #63 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenB
About 9 months ago, I was hunting for CD3K's and also found sites that listed them as available. I called every single one and, after checking stock, no one had a set. One guy even took my number and said he would chase down a few master distributors known to carry this line. A day or so later, he called to tell me that there are none to be found in the U. S. At that point, I got lucky and located another Head-Fier willing to sell his CD3K's. The deal was consummated and I have loved them ever since. I own Senn HD-650 and STAX SR-404, but for my electronic musical equipment (e.g. Roland V-Drums, MalletKat, Yamaha Digital Stage Piano), the Sony CD-3000 cannot be beat.

KenB

I was going to call some of those sites, that Froogle brought up, but I guess it would be a waste of time, after hearing what you went through!

I just have to keep my only CD3000, safe, and warm, in it's case!
3000smile.gif

Dec 22, 2005 at 12:41 AM Post #65 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
Sorry for the cryptic comment Habib. I posted earlier in the thread that I bought virometal's CD3000, and that is what arrived yesterday. He was the second owner, so they have been around awhile. I had a little time to listen last night and liked the sound very much. Everything sounded good, but the peak moment came when I listened to Bargain by The Who. That was incredibly sweet on the CD3Ks.

Actually, the CD3000s[x2] question is quite relevant because my wife listened and shockingly said that she wants some of these headphones for Christmas! I don't know if I can find another set of CD3Ks in time for this weekend, but if anyone is waivering, let me know and maybe we can make a quick deal!
3000smile.gif

As an alternative, larry has some cd3000 drivered dt770 woodies for sale...

Dec 22, 2005 at 1:58 AM Post #66 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
It was quite difficult for me, to sell my SA5000, and I know exactly what you mean by the highs taking away the bass impression. To be a little more understanding, It is sort of like giving up a bit of detail, in favor of a more fuller bass, because I find the CD3000's to be fairly detailed, as opposed to some other higher end cans!
3000smile.gif

I understand, funny thing is, my only used my 5000 for a very short period of time, I use Qualia010 most the time, feels better, more comfortable, and a lot more details. I love cold detailed music!!! and that's why there is no such a thing as best, cuz everyone has their own preferences, for ppl who like more Bass, Qualia010 and 5000 would be bad for them, despite how expensive they are!!! I love 3000, and the truth is, it is a striped down cheap version of R10, when Qualia010 came out it becomes the new king of headphone, so it is logical for SONY to make a cheaper verison of that as well, which is 5000!

3000 will please most ppl just as wat i said, so enjoy, they are still one of the best of all time, and they are have more dtails than some other of those higher end cans!!! and SONY is known for making cold, detailed headphone and music devices from Day one!!!

Dec 22, 2005 at 2:03 AM Post #67 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
That's some of things that draw me to the R10, the craftmanship, choice of materials used, and the incredible beauty of it. To have a pair of cans, that cost that much, you would hope for just more then sound alone, to justify the price range!

it is something SONY been known from the begining, the material they use, the craftsmanship and every high end product can be viewed as a piece of art!!!!! for example caompre R10 to any Gardo's cans!!! lol i know eh....

and that's why i love SONY, cuz in fact no companies could ever done something like SONY, while making high end products, SONY never focus on making money, but to show case the techology and craftsmanship, as well as how serious the company treat their products and the customers, it makes me feel special!! and owning any SONY high end prodcuts will bring huge satisfaction to the owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 22, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #68 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by QualiaSense
it is something SONY been known from the begining, the material they use, the craftsmanship and every high end product can be viewed as a piece of art!!!!! for example caompre R10 to any Gardo's cans!!! lol i know eh....

and that's why i love SONY, cuz in fact no companies could ever done something like SONY, while making high end products, SONY never focus on making money, but to show case the techology and craftsmanship, as well as how serious the company treat their products and the customers, it makes me feel special!! and owning any SONY high end prodcuts will bring huge satisfaction to the owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say, that post makes no sense at all.

Dec 22, 2005 at 2:38 AM Post #69 of 103
Quote:

[size=x-large]OMG!!!!! Now we gonna have a really flame war here!!!!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
flameproof suits and helmets on, please!!!![/size]

Dec 22, 2005 at 3:12 AM Post #71 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip
I think he is trying to say that Sony is better built then Grado.

Could've saved alot of typing energy

Dec 22, 2005 at 3:38 AM Post #73 of 103
Quote:

no companies could ever done something like SONY, while making high end products, SONY never focus on making money, but to show case the techology and craftsmanship,

lol Man, you're pullin' on the Sony pipe pretty hard aren't you? I would tell you the reason that corps like Sony make upscale products with profit in mind, but then again, this has to be a head-fi'er using a surname for their own amusement.

Dec 22, 2005 at 10:44 AM Post #75 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
Well of course if you caompre the R10 to any of the Gardo cans it's built better, it's only, what, 5 times as much?
rolleyes.gif

[OT]
Well actually Grados look like badly built even compared to some $100 Sony cans. [/OT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back