The lowest (regular) gasoline prices that you've ever seen in the USA? - What are the gasoline prices in your area now?
May 30, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #91 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Obviously, the oil reserves and its increased value now due to the increased price of gasoline. A silver lining, if you will
wink.gif

Correlation to rise in gas prices?

May 30, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #92 of 111
Filled up today for $4.159 per gallon. Cheapest I cold find; several stations are at $4.219.

I'm sure glad I bought a four cylinder last February. Gas was edging up then and it saved me about $150 per month over the RX-7. Today, it saves me over $200 per month from the RX-7. Wow. I was worried about taking on the expense of a new car, but it's saving me about 66% of the car note in gas.

May 30, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #94 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The US Strategic Petroleum Reserves that's under the control of the DoE. They hold $90 billion or so worth of oil at the moment, which will last us two months if the US happens to be cut off from all foreign supplies.

Well yeah, that's no secret. The original post on this made it sound vaguely like conspiracy talk. Like maybe the oil reserves were hidden under Area 51. I should have known better though. Everyone knows Area 51 is where they keep the technology to make a 500 mile per gallon carburator that the oil companies are suppressing.

May 30, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #95 of 111
i remember when i used to cry when filling my gas tank cost me more than 20 bucks. now 20 bucks barely fills 1/4 of my car's gas tank.
my wise parents decided to get a hummer h3 last year. 6 months later, they wanted to trade it for my 4 year old acura. without thinking much, i said ok because its sound system was nice.
oh what a mistake it's been. yesterday, it cost $85 to fill her up with regular. and i live in nj. =[

Jun 13, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #97 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by emperorarghoslen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1.38$ a liter in toronto today morning.......Kinda makes me happy i bought a VW golf R32 insead of a second hand SUV....

How dare you respond to this thread (of mine)?
Have you asked certain kids on this site for permission?
I am not kidding! - Ha, ha, ha, ....

Over here, the prices are between $4.50 and $4.90

gas-pump.jpg

P.S.
Summer of Hate, 2008! Ha, ha, ha, ....

Jun 13, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #98 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamCalifornia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How dare you respond to this thread (of mine)?
Have you asked certain kids on this site for permission?
I am not kidding! - Ha, ha, ha, ....

Over here, the prices are between $4.50 and $4.90

P.S.
Summer 2008 of Hate! Ha, ha, ha, ....

Like I said, exploding clown car.

I recall a dip down to 89 cents/gallon during my early driving years.

Jun 14, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #101 of 111
I haven't read the whole thread, but I'll add here that when I was a kid, regular gas was 24 cents a gallon. Of course, that is not adjusted for inflation.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 15, 2008 at 11:17 AM Post #102 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't read the whole thread, but I'll add here that when I was a kid, regular gas was 24 cents a gallon. Of course, that is not adjusted for inflation.
smily_headphones1.gif

Inflation is right!

Cripe; in the days when I was getting gas for $1.31-$1.36 for a six gallon tank plus a quart of Outboard Motor Oil; my Dad was making less wages in a week than I was making in an hour, just before I retired.

Times have truly changed in a big way.

Of course wages are starting to go back down....but the price of gas is staying up.

....inflation vs. devaluation. Bummer.

Jun 15, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #103 of 111
I remember 2 gas stations (full-service stations, there were no self-service then) across the street from each other having a price war down to 18 cents a gallon in 1977.

I also remember making $2.35/hr (minimum wage at the time) for 20 hours a week during high school (about $35 after taxes) and having enough money for a full tank of gas and dates with pizza and a movie on both Friday and Saturday nights every week, with some left over.
eek.gif

Now $35 is just over half a tank.
mad.gif

Jun 15, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #104 of 111
What a bunch of whiners.... :wink:
For the moment, the gas station around the corner is selling unledded for 13,30nok per liter = 9,518usd per gallon

Jun 15, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #105 of 111
Yeah although you pay more in Europe everything is closer together and is well planned in terms of transportation.

Considering I have not been around that long in the 90's I saw 78 cents.

Right now gas is 3.97 for reg. Some of you think you have it bad how about premium fuel with a 20 gallon tank and 14-15 MPG =[ ewww...

I got my license right when gas hit 3 dollars and I was pissed but now I wouldnt mind that price a year later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back