The Long Awaited Release Party of the Voce! March 10th, 2018!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2018 at 12:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

TSAVAlan

Formerly with The Source AV
mfg93wN.jpg

The Source AV on Saturday March 10th will be hosting the Voce Release party!

12 Noon to 6 pm! Come meet Dan "MrSpeakers" Clark and pick up a Voce!​

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #3 of 24
We're super excited for this and will bring a couple of extra "treats" for attendees at the event! Look forward to seeing folk there!

Hint: Single Malt

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 7, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #4 of 24
What a cool and practical "case" for headphones. Where I can get one?

Glad you like the cases! They're solid walnut exterior with clear acrylic, and a flat metal pad-rest inside. They are included with VOCE.

We tried to make it a really functional display case/stand but obviously with solid walnut they're costly to produce so to keep the price reasonable we will go direct on this one; they will be available for sale on our website this month for $200. They can be used with any headphone, too.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 8, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #7 of 24
Wish I could be there! Maybe i'll be lucky and have a pair of these by then :D Congrats on an excellent headphone Dan! The case is also quite nice too!

Mar 8, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #8 of 24
I would attend in a heartbeat if I weren't tied up with work. Cheers to Dan.

Mar 8, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #9 of 24
Gotta be a cool party. Waiting to hear some feedbacks. What amp do you have to drive the VOCE? Will the SR007 MKI & SR009 be there as well?

Mar 8, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #10 of 24
I love the HP design and case. Nice work, Dan and Team! The single malt is a cool touch as well :)

Mar 8, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #11 of 24
So I got to hear the Mr. Speakers Ether Voce at a show in PDX.

Couple of comments....
1. With the felt over the driver it sounds too overdampened
2. has a bit of an overly crisp sound to it.
3. Bass is still electrostaty just but better than average

Otherwise into the blue hawaii from headamp that was there it was the best sound I have heard at any show to date. The best balanced, super clear and natural and much less thin and sterile than the 009. I would buy two Voce's before one 009 because it had more body. That is my end game headphone for everything but songs that demand tons of rumbling. Still quite punchy and the best midrange I have ever heard. I was very impressed.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #13 of 24
So I got to hear the Mr. Speakers Ether Voce at a show in PDX.

Couple of comments....
1. With the felt over the driver it sounds too overdampened
2. has a bit of an overly crisp sound to it.
3. Bass is still electrostaty just but better than average

Otherwise into the blue hawaii from headamp that was there it was the best sound I have heard at any show to date. The best balanced, super clear and natural and much less thin and sterile than the 009. I would buy two Voce's before one 009 because it had more body. That is my end game headphone for everything but songs that demand tons of rumbling. Still quite punchy and the best midrange I have ever heard. I was very impressed.

So glad you enjoyed it so much! One note, our final tuning pad is not a felt, it has a comparable tonal shift without the loss of resolution you mention as over-damping. That also increases relative bass output and puts a touch of fun in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back