The LONG awaited Meta42 pics!
Nov 29, 2002 at 2:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
Well, I know I've been promising these forever, and I've finally been able to borrow a digital camera!

So, here's the configuration of the meta

2x AD8610
2x 9v Battery
4x 330 uF Nichicon 25 volt caps
Wima C4 Caps
Vishay/Dale resistors(gain of 8)
Elantec 2001 buffers(3x, no stacks yet)
Biased into Class A
Regular hookup wire
Neutrik 1/4 inch jack
RCA input
And, the all-important BLUE LED! :-D

I've pretty much configured this amp as a home unit. The case is pretty large, and it let me have a lot of breathing room. I'm considering adding crossfeed in the future. I run it in my home system. Here we go! Sorry about the flash glare. I'll post some new pics tomorrow.

ampfr.jpg

ampfront.jpg
ampftop.jpg
amprear.jpg
backoutlaw.jpg
boardbad.jpg
inside.jpg
front1.jpg

Nov 29, 2002 at 2:44 AM Post #2 of 35
I like that switch on the rear and the fact that you put the RCA jack far apart and the battery clip are far apart too, very good job!

However, those black cases always look too cheap for my taste, I don't know why everyone uses them. But's it's what on the inside that counts.

Nov 29, 2002 at 2:46 AM Post #3 of 35
andrezej,

really nice work man, congratulations.

Nov 29, 2002 at 2:56 AM Post #4 of 35
Nice work, but a few questions.

You say AD8610, but I see only one opamp. Also, Whats up with the resistors standing up like that? And finally, why didn't you omit C1?

Nov 29, 2002 at 2:58 AM Post #5 of 35
I used an 8610 on a browndog adapter. The other 8610 is underneath the 8610.

I worked on this project with my dad. It ended up being easier for us to make them stand up like that. It's just another way of placing components.

I might omit c1, still not sure. I'll have to measure the dc voltage of my denon. Not sure how to do that. . .

Nov 29, 2002 at 3:06 AM Post #8 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
I used an 8610 on a browndog adapter. The other 8610 is underneath the 8610.

I worked on this project with my dad. It ended up being easier for us to make them stand up like that. It's just another way of placing components.

I might omit c1, still not sure. I'll have to measure the dc voltage of my denon. Not sure how to do that. . .

Nice.

Just take a DMM, set to millivolt range and connect the 2 leads across the output (ground and signal) of any of the 2 channels. I can't remember the safe range but 5mV and less should be good enough.

Nov 29, 2002 at 3:25 AM Post #10 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by HD-5000
OMG you put a paper towel underneath your Senns too? I swear to god andrzejpw and I are twins separated at birth.

lol, yeah, that's a paper towel. I'm going to probably end up putting a more formal napkin there some time. . .
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2002 at 6:45 PM Post #14 of 35
Man, I really like the soldering job on those resistors!! They look like a totally profesional job!! Well done, well done andrzejpw!!

Nov 29, 2002 at 8:10 PM Post #15 of 35
andrze
Nice to finally see pics of this thing. Very cool. Which case is that? It looks about the dimensions of the Cosmic?

Planning any upgrades? (Stacked buffers?)

Also, did you build that rack yourself?

(heh, I said "rack yourself")

Users who are viewing this thread

Back