The long and winding road... to endgame: MSB Premier, Riviera AIC10, HF Susvara.
Mar 4, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #121 of 195
Check with May, if it will be the same then try changing source / transport, if not its a dac issue.
Thanks so much for your advice!! The source is just music files on my MacBook, which is plugged right into the DAC via USB.

Mar 4, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #122 of 195
Probably means your headphones are failing if all other obvious paths have been explored

Given you are experiencing this with multiple amps and dacs I would guess it’s your headphones.

Edit: I would stop using your headphones and try a different one. If no issue with other headphones then you have a blown/malfunctioning driver.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #123 of 195
Thanks so much for your advice!! The source is just music files on my MacBook, which is plugged right into the DAC via USB.
Could also be power related.

Mar 4, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #124 of 195
Probably means your headphones are failing if all other obvious paths have been explored

Given you are experiencing this with multiple amps and dacs I would guess it’s your headphones.

Edit: I would stop using your headphones and try a different one. If no issue with other headphones then you have a blown/malfunctioning driver.
Thank you. I've got 3 pairs of headphones and this happens with them all - I'll look farther up the signal chain....

Mar 5, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #125 of 195
Thank you. I've got 3 pairs of headphones and this happens with them all - I'll look farther up the signal chain....
Maybe it's your MacBook or its settings causing the issue. Similiar to you, I have the Enleum 23R and the Auris Nirvana and the Holo May KTE with no issues like you have described. I have 2 digital sources, Aurender W20SE, PS Audio SACD transport, and a Rega P10 turntable with a Luxman EQ-500 phono stage. No issues with those 3 sources, the DAC and the 2 amps.

Mar 5, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #126 of 195
Maybe it's your MacBook or its settings causing the issue. Similiar to you, I have the Enleum 23R and the Auris Nirvana and the Holo May KTE with no issues like you have described. I have 2 digital sources, Aurender W20SE, PS Audio SACD transport, and a Rega P10 turntable with a Luxman EQ-500 phono stage. No issues with those 3 sources, the DAC and the 2 amps.
Thank you, Steve - I shall look into that....

Mar 8, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #127 of 195
Hey Steve - just figured out what the problem was, and you were right - I had the MacBook playback to try to keep the volume levels about the same for each song that comes up; I figured it would have adjusted the volume before it started playing it, but I guess it starts at full-volume and then tries to equalize the volume. I removed that bit about keeping the volume level the same, and I no longer have that issue. Thanks again for your suggestions!

Mar 8, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #128 of 195
Hey Steve - just figured out what the problem was, and you were right - I had the MacBook playback to try to keep the volume levels about the same for each song that comes up; I figured it would have adjusted the volume before it started playing it, but I guess it starts at full-volume and then tries to equalize the volume. I removed that bit about keeping the volume level the same, and I no longer have that issue. Thanks again for your suggestions!

Did you just start experiencing this? As I just started observing essentially the same thing and I wonder if it has to do with a recent update or issue. I haven't changed any setting on my Macs in a long, long time and I just started experiencing this in the past few weeks. It happens with my two channel system as well. And this is with two different macbook pro's (work and personal). It's been weird and a bit frustrating, will look into this. Thanks for sharing.

Mar 9, 2022 at 1:49 AM Post #129 of 195
Did you just start experiencing this? As I just started observing essentially the same thing and I wonder if it has to do with a recent update or issue. I haven't changed any setting on my Macs in a long, long time and I just started experiencing this in the past few weeks. It happens with my two channel system as well. And this is with two different macbook pro's (work and personal). It's been weird and a bit frustrating, will look into this. Thanks for sharing.
Heya! I think it's always been happening, but for some reason I've just started noticing it, but it would happen with my iMac, too, and that's on an older MacOS. And I've always checked the boxes in iTunes or Music for equalizing the volume, not that it ever worked that well 'cause I still needed to adjust the volume when playing songs at random. So I've unchecked the box and sorted! I'm glad I could help...

Apr 24, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #130 of 195
Ok, little teaser here, will have some quite interesting comparisons on this thread very soon. Just need a few days to gather my thoughts about all this before I give you guys my impressions.

Attachments

• IMG_6997.jpeg
    IMG_6997.jpeg
    755.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6824.jpeg
    IMG_6824.jpeg
    699.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7189.jpeg
    IMG_7189.jpeg
    603.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7623.jpeg
    IMG_7623.jpeg
    688.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7185.jpeg
    IMG_7185.jpeg
    645.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7001.jpeg
    IMG_7001.jpeg
    709.5 KB · Views: 0
Apr 24, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #131 of 195
Ok, little teaser here, will have some quite interesting comparisons on this thread very soon. Just need a few days to gather my thoughts about all this before I give you guys my impressions.
Tasty 😍

Apr 26, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #133 of 195
Been testing both the Enleum and Oor/Hypsos with a Spring 3 KTE the last few days to try and figure out which one I'm keeping. I've had the Ferrum stack for a while, the Enleum is new in the house. Headphones testing with are Susvara, LCD-5 and Atrium.

Both amps so sound good it's amazing these compact amplifiers are putting out such powerful and controlled sound out of them.
Leaning towards the Oor, mainly because of the price point since I think the performance is quite equal.
The opportunity to run speakers from the Enleum, having a remote and the size of the device are definitely pluses.
Is it worth the $2400 difference? probably not but even then I'm having a hard time letting go..

Any thoughts from the experts here on things I should think of or listen for that might help me in any direction?

Apr 26, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #134 of 195
Been testing both the Enleum and Oor/Hypsos with a Spring 3 KTE the last few days to try and figure out which one I'm keeping. I've had the Ferrum stack for a while, the Enleum is new in the house. Headphones testing with are Susvara, LCD-5 and Atrium.

Both amps so sound good it's amazing these compact amplifiers are putting out such powerful and controlled sound out of them.
Leaning towards the Oor, mainly because of the price point since I think the performance is quite equal.
The opportunity to run speakers from the Enleum, having a remote and the size of the device are definitely pluses.
Is it worth the $2400 difference? probably not but even then I'm having a hard time letting go..

Any thoughts from the experts here on things I should think of or listen for that might help me in any direction?
Enjoying that Enleum, Orr?? :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back