the little "paper" thing on my mylarone X3is fell off
Apr 7, 2008 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

StealthyCow

Head-Fier
>_> I don't think the technical term is "paper thing" but the little black...uh...paper thing that covers the inside of the headphones.

yeah, the left one fell off. so I can see inside of it and stuff, and I assume unwanted foreign stuff can get in there and may cause some harm. so I'm kinda scared, I don't have any money for new headphones and I gave my last spares to a friend, so I don't want these to break.

what should I do, headfi? even if the guys who sell them can do free repairs, I ordered these and waited 2 1/2 weeks to get them. I'd rather not deal with international shipping wait times again. anything I could do myself?

Apr 7, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #3 of 9
crazy glue would probably help, but another problem is I have no idea when or where the filter fell off. I've looked through the case they came with, through my backpack where I keep said case, can't find it. I just took them out to listen to for the first time in a week and the filter wasn't there.

Apr 7, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #4 of 9
Mylarone earphones are known for their crappy build quality, and in every review or post about them there is this line: "if you don't mind sending them for repairs all the time, buy them".
i don't know if your problem could be fixed with the DIY approach, just wanted to let you know..

you might want to save up for better quality built earphone if you don't want to deal with shipping.

Apr 7, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #5 of 9
yeah I know about the bad build quality thing but people were saying sound quality like $150 earphones for $57 and I was tempted and I didn't think I'd be too rough on them but apparently I was wrong
frown.gif

Apr 7, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by woopididi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mylarone earphones are known for their crappy build quality, and in every review or post about them there is this line: "if you don't mind sending them for repairs all the time, buy them".
i don't know if your problem could be fixed with the DIY approach, just wanted to let you know..

you might want to save up for better quality built earphone if you don't want to deal with shipping.

I'm sure Stealthy Cow knew what he/she was getting into when they bought the X3i.

People said that about the X3s as well. I've had mine for about 7-8 months and have had no problem.

Stuff sometimes breaks. It sounds like this could be a simple glue fix. You could always PM Uncle Wilson.

Nylan

Apr 7, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthyCow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
crazy glue would probably help, but another problem is I have no idea when or where the filter fell off. I've looked through the case they came with, through my backpack where I keep said case, can't find it. I just took them out to listen to for the first time in a week and the filter wasn't there.

didnt you say the filter of the left side fell off?
so... just look at the right side and see where you can stick on the filter?
i enjoy my x3i as much as i do any other iem's. it's got some uber bass!

Apr 7, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthyCow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
>_> I don't think the technical term is "paper thing" but the little black...uh...paper thing that covers the inside of the headphones.

yeah, the left one fell off. so I can see inside of it and stuff, and I assume unwanted foreign stuff can get in there and may cause some harm. so I'm kinda scared, I don't have any money for new headphones and I gave my last spares to a friend, so I don't want these to break.

what should I do, headfi? even if the guys who sell them can do free repairs, I ordered these and waited 2 1/2 weeks to get them. I'd rather not deal with international shipping wait times again. anything I could do myself?

you can refilter it with a metal mesh found in home depot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back