The least offensive sounding IEMs.
Jul 30, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #31 of 36
Just out of interest, what do you recommend for metal that can also do Jazz, Blues, Indie etc? Kind of looking for all rounder that is comfortable for marathon sessions?
I dont listen to them so take it with a grain of salt.

But I believe that at least jazz is an accoustic genre so you need something with good timbre, metal needs clean bass (tight + fast) and for a longer session you need something less fatiguing. I would say that the Tin Hifi P1 WITH EQ (Bass boosted) can do that well.

Otherwise I dont have anything that will fill in all 3 of those criteria. Otherwise the E5000 should be good for jazz and for a long session, since it has very good timbre and is as far away from fatigue as possible (...well you could get bass fatigue though...).

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #32 of 36
Just out of interest, what do you recommend for metal that can also do Jazz, Blues, Indie etc? Kind of looking for all rounder that is comfortable for marathon sessions?
Some options include, i order of increasing price:
- Jade Audio EA1 (FiiO FD1)
- iBasso IT00
- NF Audio NM2 (more neutral/resolving) or NA2 (more relaxed, yet detailed)

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #33 of 36
Some options include, i order of increasing price:
- Jade Audio EA1 (FiiO FD1)
- iBasso IT00
- NF Audio NM2 (more neutral/resolving) or NA2 (more relaxed, yet detailed)
yeah the IT00 should be good from what i have heard (from others not personally listened to it yet).

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #34 of 36
This thread is supposed to be about “nice” non-drastic IEM tunes, I guess? I can’t help thinking of boring IEMs though, which makes the title of this thread very “troll-like”?

Example :
A fake clarity thrill set up by putting in treble boost which could be tolerable...........but not all day.

The Noble Audio Katana truly was not offensive to me? Also my qdc Anole V3 is non offensive. The qdc Anole VX is definitely that way. The Anole VX just kind of stays in boundaries. Still the Anole VX while being non-offensive still becomes fun for all the detail it produces.

The VX has nothing not to like ........the opposite of the sloppy drunk your trying to get away from at a New Years Eve party. But it’s all a fine line, fun entertaining drunks? Drunks with character? Drunks who are characters? Drunks that were fun then become scary? Scary drunks that then became your friends. It’s all so complicated. :)

The thing is this non-offensive IS boring, which makes it offensive.

I’m pretty sure as listeners we want some subtle character, at least I do. The obvious thing here is subjectivity. Just like art, it’s all personal taste. What is offensive to one is heaven to another.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #35 of 36
This thread is supposed to be about “nice” non-drastic IEM tunes, I guess? I can’t help thinking of boring IEMs though, which makes the title of this thread very “troll-like”?

Example :
A fake clarity thrill set up by putting in treble boost which could be tolerable...........but not all day.

The Noble Audio Katana truly was not offensive to me? Also my qdc Anole V3 is non offensive. The qdc Anole VX is definitely that way. The Anole VX just kind of stays in boundaries. Still the Anole VX while being non-offensive still becomes fun for all the detail it produces.

The VX has nothing not to like ........the opposite of the sloppy drunk your trying to get away from at a New Years Eve party. But it’s all a fine line, fun entertaining drunks? Drunks with character? Drunks who are characters? Drunks that were fun then become scary? Scary drunks that then became your friends. It’s all so complicated. :)

The thing is this non-offensive IS boring, which makes it offensive.

I’m pretty sure as listeners we want some subtle character, at least I do. The obvious thing here is subjectivity. Just like art, it’s all personal taste. What is offensive to one is heaven to another.

No. It can also mean that the details are there, so there's no need mount a high horse.

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder... or ears for that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back