The least offensive sounding IEMs.
Jul 29, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #20 of 36
I see a couple of votes for the e5k. They good enough for metal in general? Nothing technical.

Jul 29, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #21 of 36
My old ER-4S is quintessentially inoffensive and is very smooth.

Jul 29, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #23 of 36
I see a couple of votes for the e5k. They good enough for metal in general? Nothing technical.
You need a tight and fast bass for metal. So I wouldn't recommend the e5000 for that.

Jul 29, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #24 of 36
You need a tight and fast bass for metal. So I wouldn't recommend the e5000 for that.
Yeah. But sometimes I like my rumble when listening to Jucifer or Electric Wizard. Is the e5k really limited to jazz then?

Jul 29, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #25 of 36
Yeah, the Blon 03 and ThieAudio L3 fit this discussion. I do have the iBasso 00 on order; I kind of like the 01 not as much as the Blon or ThieAudio.

I used to like the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore which fits this discussion well.

The FLC8S and related family fit this pretty well. They can be tuned. I like the gunmetal HF filter; if you don't like treble the Gold filter will float your boat.

Truth be Told; the Apple Airpods Pro fit the bill.

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #26 of 36
Yeah. But sometimes I like my rumble when listening to Jucifer or Electric Wizard. Is the e5k really limited to jazz then?
I dont listen to jazz but the E5k is really genre specific... Only a few songs sounds amazing with it and for the price its going for its hard for me to rec it.

(although, Metallica - Nothing else matter sounds amazing with it and that is technically classified as metal I believe :joy: )

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #28 of 36
toneking lucifer, like eating a chocolate covered strawberry

bass, mids, and highs r so smooth and weighty, W shaped

Wow would be interested to hear more about the Lucifer, not many owners of it. Do u have any other DD sets to compare it with?

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #29 of 36
I dont listen to jazz but the E5k is really genre specific... Only a few songs sounds amazing with it and for the price its going for its hard for me to rec it.

(although, Metallica - Nothing else matter sounds amazing with it and that is technically classified as metal I believe :joy: )
Just out of interest, what do you recommend for metal that can also do Jazz, Blues, Indie etc? Kind of looking for all rounder that is comfortable for marathon sessions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back