The LCDuino-1 I/O processor
Oct 3, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #91 of 403
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is the LCDuino-1 BOM.
wink.gif

3947809618_ce04ca85fc.jpg

Put me on the list for proto boards please ... :)

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #93 of 403
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that reminds me, one possible thing to do with 'gathered information' is to send it to a pc, somewhere. suppose you wanted to get a graph of simultaneous (ie, time matched) sensor readings of rail voltage, bias voltage, heatsink temperature, powerOn-time and maybe even volume level. those are a bunch of collected 'data points'. the ard can't keep all that locally (for long) and so if you are into data collection or need to watch things for debugging, you want that up on some host or pc.

a wireless link is kind of neat
wink.gif
there are these xbee modules that have arduino drivers. you can create a pt-pt tunnel between arduinos and other arduinos or even pc's. if one endpoint is the pc, then it can store the logged data. import into a spreadsheet and go nuts
wink.gif

On the "enterprise class monitoring" side of things, I hope there is the ability to have some meta data, so that these things, the sensors/actuators can become self describing.

e.g. query for attributes that give, say, name, type, range?, and operations/methods - something like the java bean api, for example.

That way you could have a generic web/java/c# app for *any* device that implemented the API/Protocol, and as you add new capabilities to the device, the client app could recognize them, *with no additional work required*
smily_headphones1.gif

You can still write custom apps using the API to some up with a "pretty" remote UI for the device (from an iPhone, nokia770 or other browser, say),

Sample attributes to display on historical trend graphs. Alert on out of band/range values. etc etc

All this can be done external to the device, as long as there is some generic way of getting the data out of the device, on request ( getValue(AttributeName) , say) , or setting an attribute value, or performing an operation remotely.

What say you?

This is the sort of thing I'd be interested in, and would be willing to help with.

*edit* - *Aha!*

Define the API/Protocol, then you can write adapters to the component model of you choice ...

e.g. write an adapter (only needs to be done once) to make the device appear as a JMX/java bean, then you can monitor/control it by jconsole out of the box, or plug it into any bean aware framework ...

Same approach works for any other component based framework ..., JMX, SNMP, etc

REST based web interface, etc etc

Oct 3, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #96 of 403
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
POP3/SMTP. I want my DAC to be able to send and receive emails.

*Oh No* given the availability of the right email / sms gateway, your DAC could auto twitter to what you are listening to, at what volume level.

*Edit* or just use the twitter API ...

*Help*. I've just created a monster!

Oct 3, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #97 of 403
This is really cool stuff. Gonna have to rethink my Beta 22 project.....

Good thing it's going at a snail's pace
smily_headphones1.gif

I love the idea of being able to monitor critical voltages, temps, etc. and setting up alarms and logging the data. I wonder though, could you monitor things like the bias without affecting it, and potentially the sound quality? I love this stuff, but sound quality remains my top priority.

Jeff

Oct 3, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #98 of 403
HOW the measurement is done - that's probably not my expertise. I can suggest some a/d chips but I'm not sure how to make the measurements and not be 'kosher' with audiophiles due to measurement wires running from test points to data collection points.

then there's the muxing issue; assuming you have 1 voltage a/d you can poll, you'll still have to connect it (probably 2 points but maybe all can be wrt ground) to each place via some 'roving relay' contact or something.

it would not be affordable to have precision a/d chips for each and every measurement point!

there are only 4 spare a/d (10bit, 0-5v) channels on the arduino so you run out of those, fast, too.

so, if the muxing can be done so that you can select, via some 2 or 3 bit address, which point you are going to measure, then yes, it can watch many bias points and stuff like that.

maybe an analog cmos switch would be enough just to allow sampling of key voltage test points?

needs more research. but I do think its a desireable feature, someday, to be able to monitor lots of key internal values. maybe even servo logic to keep them in check, as well!

Oct 4, 2009 at 9:36 AM Post #102 of 403
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtostenr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can even add a touchscreen interface to the front of your amp -

Liquidware : TouchShield Slide
tongue_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif

Seems like there a thousands of different applications for this platform. I can't wait to see the finished product.

So when are you guys going to start taking pre-orders?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jeff

That is so ridiculously badass!
smily_headphones1.gif

Pardon my language.
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #104 of 403
that is calling me must snag a touchscreen for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back