The Lavry DA11: For your ears only
Feb 22, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #136 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by AcousticDreams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For your information, a DAC ins't an amp, and NO! a quality product from Lavry Engeneering works out of the box by it's specified precision! I really don't know why people always come out with such insulting questions. What did you expect, that it is a piece of Chinese junk!?

no need to get testy. And the DA11/10 do both have built in headphone amps, that are discrete nonetheless

Feb 22, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #137 of 191
Quote:

For your information, a DAC ins't an amp, and NO! a quality product from Lavry Engeneering works out of the box by it's specified precision! I really don't know why people always come out with such insulting questions. What did you expect, that it is a piece of Chinese junk!?

It's alright, I can hear you real fine.

Maybe just get your FYI right next time.

Feb 22, 2010 at 2:58 AM Post #138 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And the DA11/10 do both have built in headphone amps, that are discrete nonetheless.

The integrated headphone circuit is for monitoring and in this way not the major function of that device. It would be a very sad thing if every ss needs an adjustment after 500 hours or so. Forget it!

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #139 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe this has been answered before, but is it possible to get a line level signal out of the dac chip? seems like you always are either attenuating the signal or amplifying it.

A 'line level' signal is nothing more than a signal with a certain voltage. From the charts in the DA11 manual you should be able to figure out what setting yields a line level signal. I imagine that the way most gear gets its line level analog output is through some type of attenuation or amplification, it's just not variable like in the DA11. I may be overstepping my knowledge a bit here but I'm sure Brad could help you with more specifics.

Mar 4, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #140 of 191
Quote:

chillpill.jpg

Mar 31, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #141 of 191
Sounds like a potentiel DAC for me since I might not be willing to pay double to get the Naim DAC

However Lavry DAC IMHO comes with 2 significant flaws:

Basic functions is supported by universal remotes but doesn't actually come with one
confused.gif

No input switching by remote ?

Damn I would have paid 100$ extra for those features.

I read the whole thread and understood Dan Lavry collects feedback for future products.

-So dear Dan:
For Lavry da12:

Please supply remote with abillity to switch between inputs

Apr 1, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #142 of 191
I can see the advantage of switching between inputs from the remote. Otherwise I like that it is not delivered with a $100 "audiophile" remote as these are often heavy and clumsy and overpriced. I bought a remote for $10 that is more practical than most "audiophile" remotes.

Apr 2, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #144 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by nightrhyme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... However Lavry DAC IMHO comes with 2 significant flaws:

Basic functions is supported by universal remotes but doesn't actually come with one
confused.gif

No input switching by remote ?

I can see how it would be nice to have more control over the DA11 with the remote, such as changing input. Personally for me my sole input is a SqueezeBox3 so I have no need to switch between inputs. I also am glad he didn't charge me for another dedicated remote that I would just end up putting it in a drawer with the sea of other dedicated remotes. I control my DA11 with a universal remote ...

Other than those inconveniences I'm confident you'll enjoy the DA11, it really is a very nice sounding converter. Listening to mine now ...
L3000.gif

Apr 3, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #145 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Lavry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
-So dear Dan:
For Lavry da12:

Please supply remote with abillity to switch between inputs

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards
Dan Lavry

Thanx for listening to me
smily_headphones1.gif

Not sure I'm going to be able to wait for Lavry da12 though
biggrin.gif

So I'm probably going to buy da11. As it's not available in my country at all (Denmark) and hence no way to listen to the unit I guess I will just have to order it and hope for the best. Hope to return and be able to praise your unit for it's great sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by USAudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can see how it would be nice to have more control over the DA11 with the remote, such as changing input. Personally for me my sole input is a SqueezeBox3 so I have no need to switch between inputs. I also am glad he didn't charge me for another dedicated remote that I would just end up putting it in a drawer with the sea of other dedicated remotes. I control my DA11 with a universal remote ...

Other than those inconveniences I'm confident you'll enjoy the DA11, it really is a very nice sounding converter. Listening to mine now ...
L3000.gif

For my use with the DAC a remote with input switching capability would be fantastic.
I'm looking to replace my Cd-player. Run all music (flac) / HD movies(1080p,x264) from my server through emu 0404 pci (Coaxial out) -> Lavry DA11-> Primare I30(amp)
That just leaves audio from watching regular TV. My plan was: DVB-C-box (toslink out) -> Lavry DA11 -> Primare i30 (amp)

That's why it would be very convenient for my use to be able to switch between PC audio (coaxial) and Tv audio (toslink)

Btw: What does the unit actually look like. Found 2 different pictures:
2-5.jpg

1-4.jpg

Apr 3, 2010 at 6:43 AM Post #146 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by nightrhyme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Btw: What does the unit actually look like. Found 2 different pictures:
2-5.jpg

1-4.jpg

The top pic is the "new" current design and is what all new orders will receive.
The bottom pic is the original design which had a more "pro" look.
It's my understanding the change was purely cosmetic, just a new nicer-looking faceplate.

Apr 7, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #150 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where is the DA11 available for purchase right now - the online Lavry store is OOS.

Thank you for the note. We ran out of DA11 and the online store stated "out of stock". We made some new DA11's and the online store is on again.

Regards
Dan Lavry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back