The Latest Must Have: The Fiio E10 USB DAC/Amp
Sep 27, 2011 at 12:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

trog

500+ Head-Fier
http://www.headfonia.com/the-latest-must-have-the-fiio-e10-usb-dacamp/

Quote:
Comparisons to the Audinst HUD-MX1 and the Fiio E7

The E10 is not exactly as resolving as the Audinst HUD-MX1 because as soon as I change to the Audinst, things sound more spacious with better air and instrument separation. Though honestly speaking, the difference in technicalities is not quite night and day. And if the Audinst is priced at $189, I would rank the technicalities of the E10 at around $120-$140. What keeps me holding on to the E10, however, is the bass section and the midrange. Though I never feel the Audinst to be lacking on those areas, but next to the E10 with its fuller mids and lows (even with bass boost off), the Audinst seemed to be overly laid back and lacking PRaT. The E10 however very easily got my attention with its full sounding vocal and punchy bass.

Comparing to the Fiio E7, and again I easily prefer the E10 by a large margin. Fuller mids, fuller bass, better vocals with the E10. The E7 on other hand sounded thin in the mids and lows and though the midrange seemed clearer, at the same time I also hear the midrange to be more constricted on the E7. Well, midrange is where the soul of the music lies, and so it’s a very easy choice between the E7 and the E10. You know what the best news is? The E10 actually will retail for $80, cheaper than the E7 and significantly cheaper than the Audinst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back