The last headamp I will ever buy!
May 20, 2006 at 7:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Mazuki

500+ Head-Fier
I swear!

The FEEL HP 200SE I ordered nearly 2 months ago just came in. This thing is massive. I don't think the pictures really show it. It is as big as a 19 inch monitor. It weighs as much as an unabridged dictionary.

Here are some photos I snapped of it.

http://mzhang.ipsodox.com/feel/

The DT880s are mine but the K1000s aren't. This amp sounds great, even before burn in. Much better than the ASL MG Head MKIII OTL I had. Both are in fact nearly the same price. The FEEL just isn't readily available here in the US. I'd like to thank PsychoZX for the purchasing info.

This is it for me.

P.S. There seems to be a revision in the amp. The one PsychoZX has, has an additional drive tube at the bottom left corner of the amp, right next to the transformer. The socket on my amp still remains, but seems to have been bypassed. I wonder why? Btw, cool feature: there seems to be some sort of warm up mechanism. The LED up front glows red when it needs to warm up and slowly turns blue when it is ready to please my ears. This thing is incredible!

May 20, 2006 at 7:10 AM Post #2 of 20
Wow that thing looks awesome. What type of tubes does it use? I love the design especially the see through top so you can see all the goods inside.

May 20, 2006 at 7:15 AM Post #3 of 20
The warm up mechanism is probably a slow startup for the tubes so they aren't hit with a large inrush of power. It'll extend the life of the tubes and is a nice feature.

You know, I hadn't heard of this amp before your post. Would you care to enlighten us as to the tube compliment and any other specs at hand? I'd sure like to know.

May 20, 2006 at 7:19 AM Post #6 of 20
It uses two 12AX7 tubes and two 12AUX7 tubes. The older versions used another tube, I do not know what it is, because I don't have it.

In case you guys can't see, the center of the amp is a massive heatsink that is open to the bottom of the amp. The design is ingenious. It cools the mosfets while separating the power supply from the rest of the amp.

Truly magnificent!

May 20, 2006 at 7:31 AM Post #7 of 20
Yes, it is 110V. It was a special order (no extra cost).

You can buy it from this website http://www.headphoneworld.net/. You just have to email the sales address. They understand English. I originally contacted them in Chinese but I guess there was an encoding problem with my text or something, they didn't respond until I started using English - very funny.

Here is the product page with specs and some more pictures http://www.headphoneworld.net/produc...&productid=165

There are two other versions, roughly $125 less.

I'm not so good with these audiophile terminology, but the bass on these are definitely more well defined as compared to my ASL MG Head.

I was listening to Gardiner's Orchestra Revolutionaire et Romantique recording of Beethoven's 6th. Magical. Truly.

I imagine since this is a hybrid amp, it would sound very close to the Bada PH12. Certainly looks better than the Bada. That piece of glass on top is 1cm thick.

May 20, 2006 at 8:36 AM Post #8 of 20
Doing the conversion of Chinese Yuan to US dollars this thing only costs $433 (plus shipping of course) That is an amazing bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2006 at 5:22 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarity
Doing the conversion of Chinese Yuan to US dollars this thing only costs $433

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

-Angler
etysmile.gif

May 20, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #10 of 20
the conversion was 436 according to me.... still. WOW!
anyone else have this amp and would like to give us impressions? Thanks.
Congrats...looks like a beautiful machine.

May 20, 2006 at 6:27 PM Post #11 of 20
The HP-200se is a fantastic sounding amp. It's noise floor is superior to the bada ph12--especially with lower impedance cans. My current favorite tube combo is all amperex bugle boys. The only drawbacks are that they are fragile and can get damaged in shipping very easily. If you do damage one, there is no support from the manufacturer. I also have a damaged HP-200 and have had no luck getting any assistance from 2000ok in China.

Happy Listening!
rs1smile.gif

May 20, 2006 at 6:56 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by abs@nilenet.com
I also have a damaged HP-200 and have had no luck getting any assistance from 2000ok in China.

Was it damaged in route or did it break down after some use? Sorry to hear that you weren't able to get the issue resolved
frown.gif

BTW I first noticed this amp going through the national meet pics. My initial thoughts were "Wow that looks nice and I bet its really expensive!"
biggrin.gif

May 20, 2006 at 7:18 PM Post #14 of 20
The potential shipping problems had me worried too. But when I got the package, it was packed like a tank. I figure the price was worth it too.

In case anyone is wondering, the glass top is packed in a separate layer of foam than the unit. After you unpack, you then screw it on yourself. It's very nice, you get this feeling of bespoke quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back