The Lambert "Play It By Ear" Headphone Amplifier - (DG Review) + Impressions Thread
Aug 1, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #121 of 218
Guys, if anyone's interested I wrote a Cavalli Carbon review in 3 parts not to long ago where I did a shootout with the PIBE using various headphones. Considering I've had the PIBE for awhile now my impressions on it have changed here and there and are cemented. If you guys are interested check out Headphone Guru and look for the Cavalli Audio Carbon article. It might make for interesting conversation while you guys wait.

Aug 10, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #122 of 218
Guys, remember when the estimated ship date was May? It's now mid-August
frown.gif

Guys, if anyone's interested I wrote a Cavalli Carbon review in 3 parts not to long ago where I did a shootout with the PIBE using various headphones. Considering I've had the PIBE for awhile now my impressions on it have changed here and there and are cemented. If you guys are interested check out Headphone Guru and look for the Cavalli Audio Carbon article. It might make for interesting conversation while you guys wait.

Nice! It's awesome to hear your further impressions on the PIBE. But now you've piqued my interest in Cavalli!

Aug 10, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #123 of 218
Yep, I remember. Big let down from Lambert! Following the footsteps of LH?

Aug 11, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #125 of 218
Thanks Arly. Hope Lambert can up their game.

Aug 11, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #126 of 218
Thanks Arly. Hope Lambert can up their game.

You're welcome, for what its worth its a nice sounding amp. Hopefully when all you guys get your amps you'll all forget about the wait time and kick back and enjoy your amps. 

Aug 13, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #128 of 218
There is a new update. The units will be shipped to Audio Nerd next week and they will start shipping to the customers within a week after. Hopefully, the packaging is very nice to justify all the delays! :smile:

Aug 13, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #129 of 218
Thing's happen so it is what it is. I'm glad that Lambert is a real business and sell a real product (s). Nowadays you can not be to sure. And D.F., I still have not read your review of the Cavalli. That's because the Woo WA5 stole the thunder. Talk about a dream amp! And compared to the Cary no less. Wow! I owned Cary Class A mono's year's ago. Although not a SET I heard real emotion in the music. They redefined what I was looking for from high-end audio. Later, after I sold them (sigh ... regret, regret) Stereophile gave them a 'deserved' Class A recommendation.  I will get around to reading about the Cavalli and I'm sure you gave it what it deserved as well.

Aug 27, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #130 of 218
any updates?  15 days ago the update was everything was shipping in a few days, then 4-7 days travel time, then on to customers.... should have happened by now without any further delays, right?

Sep 10, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #132 of 218
Guys, I just received my tracking number! It's happening! It's really happening!

Sep 11, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #133 of 218
Sep 11, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #135 of 218
FINALLY!!! I hope you guys like what you hear. :grinning:

So how about we all try getting this thread rocking again. What's everyone plan to pair their amp with, DAC and headphone wise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back