The Kiwi ears Quintet Thread:
Aug 7, 2023 at 10:12 PM Post #181 of 316
My Quintets arrived today and I must say that their realistic timbre and instrument separation are really something special. Hard to believe this sound quality can be had for so little cost. Accurate, coherent and tonally well-balanced. Color me impressed!

Aug 12, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #183 of 316
I am using the S&S Medium tips now. I am very impressed! Fast and tight bass and a very soft treble. That is exactly what I was looking for. The most impressive part about this tip is the extremely huge soundstage. I have not encountered a tip that can increase a soundstage that much.
Just got my S&S tips in the mail. I agree these are a good pairing with the Quintets, especially if you want more of a warmer sound. Surprisingly great fit too - I wasn't expecting this from how they are shaped. I might still prefer the CP145 though.

Edit: This definitely helps the soundstage a bit on busier/poorer quality tracks. Listening to the chorus of wish you were here by incubus on spotify quality is usually not a good experience on IEMs, but the S&S tips make it bearable and sound less congested.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #184 of 316
Just got the quintet's today, not even gonna bother with stock tips and paired them with spiral dots. Only spent a few hours listening to all sorts of music and enjoyed every second, so far I'm really impressed with them.

Aug 15, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #186 of 316
Quintet beats alot of iems I've owned. It's strange to have a set like this. You put them on and it's almost shocking how good they sound. Using the Eletech Project 8 cable with them now. Super fab combo

Aug 15, 2023 at 11:04 PM Post #187 of 316
Quintet beats alot of iems I've owned. It's strange to have a set like this. You put them on and it's almost shocking how good they sound. Using the Eletech Project 8 cable with them now. Super fab combo
I agree. Yet the Quintet is an IEM which best enjoyed when you are in a bright and energetic mood. The details really are remarkably amazing without sounding too much like planar IEMs. I am surprised with how tight the bass actually is even though the bass does retain very nice impact. I do find that the Aful Performer 5 is a more enjoyable IEM to listen to when I am tired or when I want to simply chill out.

Aug 16, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #188 of 316
Kind of funny using such an expensive cable on an inexpensive IEM. My ISN S16 works like a charm on my Quintet. Very good seperation.

Aug 16, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #191 of 316
I guess the day time. :grin:

Very curious about what has changed in sound. :wink:

Aug 26, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #194 of 316
10th AE's shells are bigger than Quintet's but it's not too big.

The nozzle size is the only issue with the 10th AE; it's HUGE. I've had some discomfort wearing the 10th AE for 1-2 hours without a break, but it doesn't make my ears sore like the Monarch MKIII does, nor does it make my ears hurt like the Audeze Euclid. It's just slight discomfort.

Quintet's shell shape is not ergonomic and isn't shaped as nicely as the 10th's shell. Quintet also gives me slight discomfort if I'm wearing it for a long time. Out of my non-budget IEM collection, the IE600 and ISN NEO 5 are the most comfortable and fit the best, without any discomfort, soreness, or pain when wearing them for extended listening sessions. Everything else has some sort of issue when wearing them for a long time.

IEM4.jpg
Hi!!
Could you compare you Quintet with the IE600

Users who are viewing this thread

Back