The Kiwi ears Quintet Thread:
Jul 19, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #121 of 334
You can try UTWS5 if you only pair it with quintet and you aim for the most portability. Otherwise, BTR7 is also nice and more versatile, but less convenient. Both of them give me nearly the same stage as my Shanling M6 Ultra, even when using AAC bluetooth from iPhone.

Our friend Wassabi perfectly illustrated the difference that I heard between my BTR5 and BTR7/UTWS5 in this illustration:
Thanks! I was eyeing the BTR5 as an upgrade because the BTR7's size seems prohibitive for my purposes, but I didn't realize the sound quality difference was that vast. I might reconsider the BTR7. Not feeling the look of the UTWS5.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #122 of 334
Thanks! I was eyeing the BTR5 as an upgrade because the BTR7's size seems prohibitive for my purposes, but I didn't realize the sound quality difference was that vast. I might reconsider the BTR7. Not feeling the look of the UTWS5.
An upgraded BTR5, the BTR15 is expected to be released in September.

Jul 20, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #125 of 334
The Quintet is indeed getting better with further burn-in. My Quintet is making a lot of progress already. I do not have any complains about soundstage and imaging.

The fit is def unusual. Larger tips can help fitting the Quintet into your ears. I am using Xelastec tips right now and they provide a really good seal. The great detail and resolution is noticeable. Subtle instead of the shrill BA details. The only real downside of this IEM is the timbre. SR5 still has better timbre. Let's look at this IEM again after burn-in.

Jul 20, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #126 of 334
Unfortunately, I'm not in a country where I can try IEMs and return them without any QC issues in them. Do the Hexas come close to the fit of the Quintets?

I'll have to reach out to a ton of folks and see what comes close to the Quintets for me to try out to.

Or I can just buy them and listen to a few tracks and rest every 30 mins or so!
Letshuoer Galileo has a very similar tuning to the Quintet (but with some treble rolloff that makes it more forgiving of bad recordings). Resolution isn't as good, but the timbre is very natural. It's smaller and has no ridges. Very comfortable.

Raptgo Bridge (with the E filters and switch 1 on) would also be a good alternative if you want a smaller shape.

Jul 20, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #127 of 334
The Quintet is indeed getting better with further burn-in. My Quintet is making a lot of progress already. I do not have any complains about soundstage and imaging.

The fit is def unusual. Larger tips can help fitting the Quintet into your ears. I am using Xelastec tips right now and they provide a really good seal. The great detail and resolution is noticeable. Subtle instead of the shrill BA details. The only real downside of this IEM is the timbre. SR5 still has better timbre. Let's look at this IEM again after burn-in.

I agree with this, as I listen to the Quintent it's starting to smooth out and the bass is starting to "warm up". Also, I've been using it with the bass boost on my GoBlu and it really recreates the bass well. I thought I made an error buying these, I am totally wrong, I realized the IEMs I was listening to before were way too veiled.

Jul 20, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #132 of 334

I have the 5 and the 7. They’re both great. The 5 really is significantly smaller, though the 7 isn’t exactly huge either.

Jul 20, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #135 of 334
My Quintets finally arrived today. After listening to them for 5 minutes I can already say for sure that they are retiring my daily driver Hexas.

Now this is what I call resolution. Even after a few hours of burn-in.

I get what you mean. I have to dial down the sizzle at higher volumes though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back