The Kiwi ears Quintet Thread:
Jul 5, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #46 of 316
Amazing - thank you!

More involving, 3D, up-close, and personal does it for me, I can work with that. I’m buying 👍😃

I have a feeling it might be too bright for my library (rock), especially with the UA5 dongle. Bet it will sound good with 30Hz, +6dB, Q 0.707 and 7,400Hz, -2.5dB, Q 3ish on the Qudelix 5K however.
Let me know how it works out. Though I’m pretty confident you will find a way in. Try to get about 100 hours of burn-in, it may help get extra smoothness and togetherness.

Cheers!

Jul 5, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #47 of 316
Looks like the Quintet hits the U.S. in less than 2 weeks

1688564717930.png

Jul 5, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #50 of 316

Another glowing review for the Quintet

Jul 7, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #55 of 316
Are there any cables that Quintet owners can recommend to me?

I would prefer a smooth and detailed sound.
I actually started to use various cables but ended back to using the included cable as to make the review I did more simplistic. Yet the Penon OSG was a favorite (though I really didn’t roll cables) also the ISN G4. Now depending who you are and what source you are using the Graphene G4 can be thought of as bringing brightness. And it does, yet along with that brightness is added stage-size and overall bigness to imaging. Strangely note-weight and imaging, yet brighter? But more of a midrange brightness than treble.

With the G4 there is also an expanded width to the midrange and bigger stage-size than the included cable, but also I’m using a 4.4mm amplifier, instead of the 3.5mm (included) cable with the 3.5mm amp. That in and of itself may add some additional stage and imaging size?

But the (way smoother) OSG may be the ticket for some, it going and adding a blackness of background and smoothing out the treble! The treble is both slightly more detailed with the OSG and warmer. But those are the only two cables I tried.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #57 of 316
Hey, I am looking for opinions on Quintet vs Neo5 vs EST50 vs Juzear 41t. My SR8 is on thr way and also have IE900. What would be the best option in the arsenal?
EST50 is superb.

Jul 7, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #58 of 316
It seems that I discovered the cable combination I want for my desktop amp. I use the Kbear Rhyme 3.5mm MMCX cable with a mmcx to 2 pin adapter. This adapter fits into every IEM I own and at the same time I can wear any IEM very comfortably even when wearing glasses.

The ear hook flexibility that MMCX gives you combined with not having my IEM getting pulled by a heavy cable. The Rhyme sounds really balanced on my desktop setup too. Just the right amount of treble extension and such a smooth bass. When my Quintet arrives I simply remove the IEM on the desktop setup from the cable and place the Quintet there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back