The King of Value - SONY MH1C - Impressions & Appreciations Thread!!
Nov 3, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #16 of 99
do the buds have the ericson logo on the side or does it just say Sony?
If it only says sony with no logo then congratulations. you have the new version (mh1c) in white.
where'd you find it?
The white ones I saw were the old ones (mh1 with ericson logo)

sorry atomnoob (
biggrin.gif
), dint see your comment there ...

it just says sony... i got mine for just a tad less than 30 dollars! but still it kills for the price.. 

like i said now my shure se 535 with custom cable and gh-erc-dms are packed and kept away in my headphones bag

Nov 3, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #18 of 99
the mh1 has an omtp configuration and the mh1c has a ctia configuration which works for newer android sets(volume, play/pause and change track)

i've not heard the mh1 set, however as per clieos review theres no difference.

Nov 3, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #19 of 99
Nov 3, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #21 of 99
Picked these up locally after reading about them yesterday.

I don't have my Shure SE215 or GR07 anymore but I think these sound similar to the GR07, they are not as warm or upper-mid-bass-bassy as the Shure SE215 and maybe don't quite have the resolution and detail of the GR07, vocals are upfront and yet on some tracks these in-ears can be airy too.

I think the SE215 had a slightly more layered stage. But the MH1C is still competent in all areas, bass, mids and treble.

I feel that on some rock and pop tracks they are just a touch too bright, great for instrumental and hip hop though, oddly enough. I think on hip hop tracks the bass has good punch and extends well and is detailed.

on pop/rock tracks I give these just a hair of bass more at the 60hz dial, (bass boost 0) in the Android EQ and a tiny touch of 3D effect and I think they sound excellent, for most other genres and tracks EQ off.

Considering they were only 24€ I would recommend them over the GR07 any day. Very balanced in-ear, great value :xf_eek:

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #22 of 99
Can you elaborate on what you mean by being tricked? are the white ones not real?

the white ones are real and rare... 

the ebay seller had put pics of the black one, but sent me the white ones .. 

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #23 of 99
I feel that on some rock and pop tracks they are just a touch too bright, great for instrumental and hip hop though, oddly enough. I think on hip hop tracks the bass has good punch and extends well and is detailed.

on pop/rock tracks I give these just a hair of bass more at the 60hz dial, (bass boost 0) in the Android EQ and a tiny touch of 3D effect and I think they sound excellent, for most other genres and tracks EQ off.

wow i can't believe you need more bass from these iems! 
basshead.gif

may be coz im coming from balanced armatures, i found them to be a very much bass driven sound ... 

and they are perfectly warm, a touch warmth would cause some bleed and touch more brightness might cause sibilance .. 
i dont think i agree with any of your findings ... but to each his own :)

I've to try the 3d effect though .. ..

and you are right! this set is all about the balance! superb! 

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #24 of 99
when i started this thread i dint even think it would have a page 2!! 

a happy head-fier 
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #25 of 99
meh, got use to the bass by now, turned off all EQ. Still think they can be dry and use more bass on some tracks though :p Maybe I think so because I also use the house of marley exodus on-ears which are considerably darker but somehow you can still hear gasping of the artist and other details more clearly on them, despite the slight muffle.

Can you also control the volume on Sony phones? On my Nexus I can accept calls, pause/play switch tracks, but not volume.

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #26 of 99
yes i think volume adjustment is possible on the sony phones,

i have other sets for detail listening ...brainwavz b2 clones, shure se 535 with SPC custom cable ,

i just use this for casual listening... and its still way too awesome ... hits too high above the mark set by its price point! 

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #27 of 99
i still find them superbly detailed... the treble extends even more so than the se 535s ... and some details i 'know' i miss with them can be heard with these .. 

i think theres no better definition of sound these put out other than what clieos said ' warm + sweet '

Nov 4, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #28 of 99
got mine a few days ago but really need to push the volume of my DAP to 75% (30/40) to make it shine. you wont like these if you are used to low volume but push the volume to max or add amp to the chain, its another story. anyway, hapy camper here.IMHO,  if there is an award for the best bang for the buck iem, perhaps these iem will be the runaway winner.

Nov 4, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #29 of 99
yes they  are not as sensitive as some of the armature iems .. u should amp them and see .. its real awesome .. the bass hits too hard and fast! 

Nov 4, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #30 of 99
I find mine pair up well with the fiio e11. was listening lastnite while at work lol thru a ZuneHD plus E11.The comfort on these are outstanding too even after 6hrs!!!i would not say they are balanced tho imho its more of a warm V shape. in fact after switching between BrainwavzR1 and MH1C i find R1 sound sig. is midfreq more forward.But MHC1 is a bang for$$$ for sure got mine for $ 19.90 with free prime shipping @ amazon.com!!!cant explain it but this earphone just sounds so right ymmv!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back