The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here!
Dec 11, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #91 of 1,066
Please don't judge them before burn in. They are very boomy out of the box.

I have a lot of experience with JVC nano tube products and the break in transformation. But these worried me upon first listen.

Yeah mate I was expecting that!

The S500 were pretty boomy out of the box with stock pads as well.

Dec 12, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #92 of 1,066
I'm seriously thinking about getting a pair of these but have a bit of doubt with not being able to test first. From reading another thread these were recommended for metal / rock would people who have them agree with this also what are they like compared to the akg k451 as both will be the same price after shipping to uk but the akg seem a little more on ear. I'm testing the akg later to see what they sound like

Dec 13, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #93 of 1,066
I'm seriously thinking about getting a pair of these but have a bit of doubt with not being able to test first. From reading another thread these were recommended for metal / rock would people who have them agree with this also what are they like compared to the akg k451 as both will be the same price after shipping to uk but the akg seem a little more on ear. I'm testing the akg later to see what they sound like

Well considering the success of HA-S500 and S400 here, you cant really go wrong with buying a CNT driver headphone.

Lots of people purchased the S400 and S500 without listening to them first and it ended up being their favourite budget headphone, so I think you can safetly go ahead and order. You wont be dissapointed.

Plus you'll be able to tell your friends that only you have a headphone with carbon nanotube driver in your whole town! Thats worth the purchase alone lol :p

Dec 13, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #94 of 1,066

Well considering the success of HA-S500 and S400 here, you cant really go wrong with buying a CNT driver headphone.

Lots of people purchased the S400 and S500 without listening to them first and it ended up being their favourite budget headphone, so I think you can safetly go ahead and order. You wont be dissapointed.

Plus you'll be able to tell your friends that only you have a headphone with carbon nanotube driver in your whole town! Thats worth the purchase alone lol :p

You my friend should googling this brand name for your EDM and mixing.

Yamaha HPH MT220. Pair that with your C&C BH amp and live happily ever after. :wink:

Good luck with the JVC!

Dec 13, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #95 of 1,066

Plus you'll be able to tell your friends that only you have a headphone with carbon nanotube driver in your whole town! Thats worth the purchase alone lol
tongue.gif

Thanks, how was your experience with kakaku  never really ordered anything like this before and i think it will be the first item i have imported. 

Dec 13, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #96 of 1,066

Plus you'll be able to tell your friends that only you have a headphone with carbon nanotube driver in your whole town! Thats worth the purchase alone lol
tongue.gif

Thanks, but I'm considered as nerdy and geeky enough to all my friends with my collection of HP's, DAPs and fancy cables with large capacitors connected to plugs :wink: I don't think anyone will 

I want to try these, I think I will bite the bullet in the New Year and get them unless I'll find the Yamaha's that H2OFidelity mentioned. Decisions decisions decisions...

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #97 of 1,066
  Thanks, but I'm considered as nerdy and geeky enough to all my friends with my collection of HP's, DAPs and fancy cables with large capacitors connected to plugs :wink: I don't think anyone will 

I want to try these, I think I will bite the bullet in the New Year and get them unless I'll find the Yamaha's that H2OFidelity mentioned. Decisions decisions decisions...

If you are afraid of looking nerdy, why do you consider HPH-MT220? They look like something only a sound engineer could love.
Red and white versions of S680 look quite striking.

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #98 of 1,066
You my friend should googling this brand name for your EDM and mixing.

Yamaha HPH MT220. Pair that with your C&C BH amp and live happily ever after.
wink.gif

Good luck with the JVC!

Haha I know Yamaha do good stuff, I had their EPH-100 remember. :wink:

However, they are much more expensive and easier to get hold off in the UK. I can just buy them on Amazon UK for £130 if I wanted to.

JVCs however are only sold in Japan and I guess its partially the exclusivity that attracts me to their CNT models.

Thanks, how was your experience with kakaku  never really ordered anything like this before and i think it will be the first item i have imported. 

It will be fine mate dont worry.

So far its been a good experience, order went through smoothly and paid via PayPal for that little extra protection.

Ordered the HA-S680 Red from Kakaku + BuySmartJapan on the 10th of December, now just waiting for the shipped notification and my tracking number.

Hahah, thats fair enough as long as they understand that you have a need to satisfy your nerdy nature.

The Yams that H2O suggested are almost 3 times more expensive than the JVC, and are easily available in Europe. So it really depends how much you want to save and how far you're willing to go for value. :)

Dec 13, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #100 of 1,066
  thanks again, took the plunge and ordered.  hope it dosent take three weeks well possbly 5 due to xmas nd new year

Ah congrats!

My status on SmartBuyJapan still says 'Prepared for Shipping' so I guess a couple more days of waiting for me. Maybe they will ship on Monday next week.

After that I should have them within 5+ days. Hopefully before Xmas.

Dec 13, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #103 of 1,066

Ah congrats!

My status on SmartBuyJapan still says 'Prepared for Shipping' so I guess a couple more days of waiting for me. Maybe they will ship on Monday next week.

After that I should have them within 5+ days. Hopefully before Xmas.

I'm eagerly awaiting your impressions! Sorry Ben, but I can't trust someone who says the S400s are better than the ES700s! 
tongue.gif

Dec 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #105 of 1,066
anyone have any eq settings for the cowon J3 which i also bought. for these (or the 400 / 500)

I use S680 with ODAC + E12 or NFB-11.32, which are very neutral and don't see any reason to apply EQ. Sounds wonderful as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back