The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
May 18, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #3,137 of 3,535

Ok thanks! I just placed an order for the cables, the other colors were sold out unfortunately. How is the fit? Also, how do I properly detach the cables, just pull them off? Or do they screw off?

Thanks again.

THey pull off.  It takes a good tug, but don't let it scare you.  Just keep your fingers close to the connecting point when pulling apart.  You don't want to just hold the earbud with one hand and hold the wire with the other hand and yank.  Doing that, it'll be fine.

The wire is a smooth material and highly flexible, so you can wear over ear or straight down.  I do the latter 90% of the time with the fx850.  The connector works just find, as the MMCX connector is a standardized component.  Haven't had any accidental disconnects.  Having this cable will boost your resale value of the fx850 as there are plenty of people that want high-end headphones with the option.

May 19, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #3,138 of 3,535
Is the fx850 good for stuff like classic rock, indie rock, female acoustic/indie/singer-songwriter and jazz music? Also i come from iem's with forward,upfront, and airy vocals, would these suit me? 

Also what's the difference between the fx850 and fx750?

May 19, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #3,139 of 3,535
Is the fx850 good for stuff like classic rock, indie rock, female acoustic/indie/singer-songwriter and jazz music? Also i come from iem's with forward,upfront, and airy vocals, would these suit me? 

Also what's the difference between the fx850 and fx750?
I listen to a lot of rock with mine & they are fantastic. I own both 850 &750 & the 850 may have a larger soundstage & the bass extends a bit lower. The 750's have a more natural sound with cymbals. Either one you chose is an excellent choice.

May 20, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #3,141 of 3,535
Got my FX850's in and been listening them for a few days. I think these are my favorite so far. DN-1000's had deep bass, but a little sibilant, V-shape. A83's had very excellent mid's, almost sibilant treble, but not enough bass. Tenore's were cheap, but best balanced and clean sound for the buck, volume doesn't get loud. GR07BE have a fairly good V-sound overall but doesn't not excel in anyone one area, but good for the price, which was what I have been using. FX850's has the strong bass, strong and foward mids, and great treble without any sibilance. Almost or may be perfect. And definitely easy to drive, the volume can be very loud (in a good way) without distortion.

Love these without breaking these in, and if they get better over time... o m g.

May 20, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #3,144 of 3,535
  Which one offers more upfront and airy vocals?

Everyone's ears are different but I definitely found the 750s more natural and stronger timbre sound signature best for vocals and instruments... the 1200s were a close second (unfortunately, they were extremely fatiguing; harsh sounding with overwhelming out-of-control bass; and were simply too difficult for me to listen to for any length of time)... and then third were the 650s (but they had very weak bass)... all before the 850s in fact.

I really do think you need to demo the entire line and see where your preference falls though which may be hard for you to do.

May 24, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #3,146 of 3,535
Hey everybody,

Seems like everyone is enjoying their 850s. Came over here from the Aurisonic Rockets thread about tips and saw the spiral tips and comply being recommended. I want a more permanent option so the spiral dot tips seemed great. Checked their website and saw they include both silicone(S/M/L) and memory foam (S/M) tips. I'm going to assume the tips originally on the 850s are the memory foam ones?

Second, which tip is the one everyone is loving and raving about? The silicone or memory foams?

I was thinking about selling my Rockets to fund these (I figured I can save time and money from buying multiple individual tips to see which best fits by just buying the "better" headphone that includes one of each size).

Sorry for the long post.

May 24, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #3,147 of 3,535
Hey everybody,

Seems like everyone is enjoying their 850s. Came over here from the Aurisonic Rockets thread about tips and saw the spiral tips and comply being recommended. I want a more permanent option so the spiral dot tips seemed great. Checked their website and saw they include both silicone(S/M/L) and memory foam (S/M) tips. I'm going to assume the tips originally on the 850s are the memory foam ones?

Second, which tip is the one everyone is loving and raving about? The silicone or memory foams?

I was thinking about selling my Rockets to fund these (I figured I can save time and money from buying multiple individual tips to see which best fits by just buying the better headphone that includes one of each size).

Sorry for the long post.

Funnily enough, though I'm using spiral dots (silicone) with the Rockets I just got, I'm using a completely different tip with the 850s
confused_face.gif
I wouldn't say they're better than the Rockets, just a diff sound.

May 24, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #3,148 of 3,535
Hey everybody,

I was thinking about selling my Rockets to fund these (I figured I can save time and money from buying multiple individual tips to see which best fits by just buying the "better" headphone that includes one of each size).

Sorry for the long post.
the spiral dots are the silicone and sound great on the rockets. As of last week there were 2 or 3 ppl willing to trade 850s for rockets in the classifieds

May 24, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #3,149 of 3,535
Funnily enough, though I'm using spiral dots (silicone) with the Rockets I just got, I'm using a completely different tip with the 850s :confused_face: I wouldn't say they're better than the Rockets, just a diff sound.

I put "better" in quotes. You're right, different soundings.

I am not mad at the sound, but the comfort actually. For the past few weeks it's been such a pain to fit these rockets comfortably and strangely the right ear will not even fit and stay on despite different sizes. I tried different earphones and they fit both my ears. Weird.

But onto the possibly change. I think the JVCs will fit much better and has more interesting features for me. Not to mention sound may be an upgrade for my tastes.

How is the silicone spiral tips comfort wise? And do you know of any way to get the best size for me? Like are both tip sizes the same? Currently using the Small size tip (ever since I got them).

the spiral dots are the silicone and sound great on the rockets. As of last week there were 2 or 3 ppl willing to trade 850s for rockets in the classifieds

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up! I'll post in the classifieds when I get home. Do you know why people are trading the 850s for the rockets? Very curious.

May 24, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #3,150 of 3,535
Ive had both recently. I think maybe because rovkets are newer and less of them/harder to get. I enjoy both, the jvc definately bassier, but lacks a little of micro details the rockets posess.with the light weight linum Bax cable i love the fit of jvc. Rockets cable was a little annoying, as was the jvc cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back