The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Oct 23, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #2,101 of 3,535
  I just want to warn you guys, the FX1200 contains no difference in driver when comparing them to the fx850.

There's only a few differences in its housing, cable, plug, and a special solder.

Yep. And it will initially cost you 3 times as much as 750 and probably double of 850.

Reminds me what Ultrasone did with their Limited Edition flagships. $6,500 anyone for cans with the same driver as in $500 model? Fancy ruthenium, brown Ethiopian long hair sheep leather and a little bit of exotic wood inlay? Oh yes. 
tongue.gif
 . We have it for ya.

Oct 23, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #2,102 of 3,535
Guys, it's not confirmed that the FX1200 will share the same drivers as the FX850 and even the price is not confirmed, so let's not write it off too quickly based on a couple of pictures. Let's wait for its official announcement and some initial impressions before we see if it is worthy of its price tag. :)

Oct 24, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #2,103 of 3,535
Guys,

Just received my FX750, I really really really like the build quality. I was suspecting the wood was rosewood and from the grain and density, I am pretty confident it is cocobolo, which is AWESOME.

I have been making high end pens for some time out of exotic woods and having worked with over 50 species and burls I was quite sensible to the type of wood on it if some of you are curious I do have a website with all my work which is just a gallery. Not trying to promote anything else than the love of the wood. :)

It's got a thin layer of lacquer on top too which is a good thing, it adds a layer of protection, cocobolo is really durable and oily by it's own nature which makes a good material to resist most of the variation of humidity. As a picky person, I would avoid/advice not going out with them in the winter as the variation of temperature and humidity is much different from inside and outside.

I do own the JVC DX700 (the full sized cans) which I adore, I can certainly say that the build quality is nicer on the FX750. The finishing on the wood (the pine) on the DX700 is not as nice as the FX750. The metal parts on the earphones seems very nice and sturdy.

In terms of sound I will have to be back to express my feelings but I am really impressed and satisfied of my purchase, clicky the picture down there so you can have a closer look at them. Stay tuned!

Charles

Oct 26, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #2,104 of 3,535
It is late at night and I couldn't sleep I popped my FX850's in my ears and the smile came over my face. I am always pleased with the total package. I occasionally have some files where the treble sssss but not often. I guess if you find a sound signature you like it is a cool thing.

Oct 26, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #2,105 of 3,535
Well, Amazon got back to me on my defective HA-FX850's with the deal earbud - it turned out that the marketplace seller was no longer selling on Amazon and never answered my messages about warranting them - so Amazon will refund my $$ - they haven't said I have to send back the 850's - I have everything, box, etc.... but I don't think they have a procedure when they step into a transaction and make someone whole with a refund....

Oh, well - we'll see. But I am glad that Amazon is handling it - when I get the $$ I will buy another pair and have some backup parts... (and since the price has come down, get around $75 back in my pocket - can't beat that - but I'd trade it all just to have these working right now....)

Amazon knows customer service 

Oct 27, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #2,106 of 3,535
  Well, Amazon got back to me on my defective HA-FX850's with the deal earbud - it turned out that the marketplace seller was no longer selling on Amazon and never answered my messages about warranting them - so Amazon will refund my $$ - they haven't said I have to send back the 850's - I have everything, box, etc.... but I don't think they have a procedure when they step into a transaction and make someone whole with a refund....

Oh, well - we'll see. But I am glad that Amazon is handling it - when I get the $$ I will buy another pair and have some backup parts... (and since the price has come down, get around $75 back in my pocket - can't beat that - but I'd trade it all just to have these working right now....)

Amazon knows customer service 

Agreed on outstanding customer service by Amazon. 

Hope you'll have better luck on your next 850s!

Oct 28, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #2,107 of 3,535
Agreed on outstanding customer service by Amazon. 

Hope you'll have better luck on your next 850s!

All the best Ivabign for your next FX850!

(P.S. Anyone else here from Singapore? From my impression there is Idsynchrono_24? Leo888 and myself.)

Oct 28, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #2,109 of 3,535
I'm heading to Singapore in December, does that count? :D

Haha please let me know when you do, would be glad to meet up and bring you around, Singapore has quite the few headphone boutique shops (E1 / AVone / Jaben / Stereo)

And I can let you try out the 93spec cables for the 850s too!

Oct 28, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #2,110 of 3,535
And Dsnuts I just remembered I still owe you the review for FX850 x iDSD Micro!

At the moment I can say the Micro are pretty interesting.

For an instance the efficacy of the 3D Holo and xBASS varies by quite the margin when using it on USB-DAC (with the stock USB 3.0 cable to a USB 3.0 port) and Digital Coaxial or RCA with DX90.

So far they have been spectacular for FPS gaming when used with both FX850 or the JH13FPs.

Will do up more details on pairing with FX850 once I have free time next month!

Oct 28, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #2,111 of 3,535
Haha please let me know when you do, would be glad to meet up and bring you around, Singapore has quite the few headphone boutique shops (E1 / AVone / Jaben / Stereo)

And I can let you try out the 93spec cables for the 850s too!

Definitely! I'll be there for the 5th and 6th, and will be free for more of the evening on 5th and the whole day on the 6th. I'm there for the AFA. :)

Oct 28, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #2,113 of 3,535
I'm from Singapore too! Would like to try the 93spec cables if there is a chance.

Oh yes there's you also lol! Yep it would be good to meet up when there's chance, i also want to try your Cayin C5 too!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #2,114 of 3,535
I live in Singapore.

Those are selling for 599 SGD in here.

I bought mine from Japan directly, and it costed me 250USD...

No regrets. They're ****** amazing. Nothing less. To me, they crush the Shure846, the IE800, the AKG 3003.

2 cons for me : 

- no micro, so can be unconvenient for phone use
- they are large , even put into ears they still strech quite for a long way.

Oct 30, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #2,115 of 3,535
  I live in Singapore.

Those are selling for 599 SGD in here.

I bought mine from Japan directly, and it costed me 250USD...

No regrets. They're ****** amazing. Nothing less. To me, they crush the Shure846, the IE800, the AKG 3003.

2 cons for me : 

- no micro, so can be unconvenient for phone use
- they are large , even put into ears they still strech quite for a long way.

Really goes to show what I've come to realize during last six months or so, that what we appreciate when it comes to IEMs and sound is very personal. Oh yes, I've had my share of TOTL IEMs (see my profile) but right now there's really only one other phone that I appreciate as much (and sometimes even more depending on what I'm listening to) as the FX850, it costs just USD $50 and is too just ****** AMAZING!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back