The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Oct 7, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #2,028 of 3,535
Got the tracking number just an hour ago. Weird. It appears that you have to be patient, and willing to give it all up, in order to deserve the FX850, cheaply that is.
smily_headphones1.gif

Don't be surprised if they appear before the tracking shows

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #2,029 of 3,535
Well, the seller is refusing to do a return or refund.  So it looks like I am going to have to do an A-Z claim and order from a different seller.  I guess I'll leave them negative feedback after the process is completed.

Seller for reference: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main/?ie=UTF8&asin=&camp=1789&creative=390957&isAmazonFulfilled=0&isCBA=&linkCode=ur2&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=002-6301211-0685030&seller=A1IEFSVT2KJBEU&tag=baablogicnet-20&linkId=O3NQSDFAIWJPGWEV

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #2,030 of 3,535
  Well, the seller is refusing to do a return or refund.  So it looks like I am going to have to do an A-Z claim and order from a different seller.  I guess I'll leave them negative feedback after the process is completed.

Seller for reference: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main/?ie=UTF8&asin=&camp=1789&creative=390957&isAmazonFulfilled=0&isCBA=&linkCode=ur2&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=002-6301211-0685030&seller=A1IEFSVT2KJBEU&tag=baablogicnet-20&linkId=O3NQSDFAIWJPGWEV

Just some advice: don't buy from sellers that have only a few sales on their record (only 5 ratings, 1 of which stated they sold them a subpar lens after which they refused to work with them).  Amazon will shut them down but they don't really care.  Paying a few more $s to avoid drama is worth it for this sort of thing.

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #2,031 of 3,535

Just some advice: don't buy from sellers that have only a few sales on their record (only 5 ratings, 1 of which stated they sold them a subpar lens after which they refused to work with them).  Amazon will shut them down but they don't really care.  Paying a few more $s to avoid drama is worth it for this sort of thing.

Yep, I bit cause of the price.  Should have went FBA.  I gave the seller a few chances to correct it and they simply don't care.  A bit of a language barrier getting in the way as well it seems.

Oct 8, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #2,033 of 3,535
  Yep, I bit cause of the price.  Should have went FBA.  I gave the seller a few chances to correct it and they simply don't care.  A bit of a language barrier getting in the way as well it seems.

There were some on Amazon that were being handled by Amazon...the cost was more. But they handled the transaction for me the way Amazon usually does, professionally and easily.

Oct 8, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #2,035 of 3,535

There were some on Amazon that were being handled by Amazon...the cost was more. But they handled the transaction for me the way Amazon usually does, professionally and easily.

Well, at this point it's $285 (CD Japan) vs. $375 (sold by Amazon). The difference is enough to make you think.

You can get it from Amazon Japan at the same price!

Oct 8, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #2,036 of 3,535
Well, at this point it's $285 (CD Japan) vs. $375 (sold by Amazon). The difference is enough to make you think.

I already had the ones from Amazon...ordered the ones from CDJ and when they arrived returned the Amazon ones.

Oct 9, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #2,037 of 3,535

With only eight ratings so far, that's going to hurt, but I guess that is the idea! 
wink.gif

Oct 9, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #2,038 of 3,535
  With only eight ratings so far, that's going to hurt, but I guess that is the idea! 
wink.gif

I filed an A-Z claim, which was rejected since it is more than 30 days past the order, but not 30 days past ownership.  So I appealed, not feeling good about it.  Meanwhile the seller just sent me another email:

Dear,

We have received the notice that you would like to return ORDER################
The fallowing are our instructions for returns.

If we receive the item,we repair and send back you it.

- Customer is responsible for return shipping fees.

RETERN ADDRESS
name:           newspiral-inc
attn            kengo matsubayashi
zipcode     111-0055
address        tamada Bldg 8F,1-1-19 misuji taitouku tokyo
TEL       +813-5809-2385
FAX         +813-5809-2657

Thanks,

Japan Electronics

No way I'm paying return shipping to Japan so they can "repair" them.

Oct 10, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #2,039 of 3,535
  I picked up a set of these from Amazon.com (shipped from Japan).  I never really liked IEMs before, but wanted a pair for my daily walks to pick up lunch.  I am very impressed with the sound on these, especially the wide soundstage.

I am having an issue with static electricity causing popping sounds in them when I walk around though.  I carry my Cowon in my pocket, and I've done some tests to confirm that the issue is with the headphones and not the player.  Wrapping some electrical tape around the metal portion of the plug seems to have helped significantly, but I still get the issue every now and then.  Does anyone else experience this, or did I get a defective set?

I had this before I realized I had been fiddling with the EQ in the mid range and had forgotten about it. Are you positively sure the EQ on your Cowon is off or perfectly flat? Guess it's a long shot in your case (the electrical tape seems to indicate that), but if it helps it would spare you the trouble of trying to get a refund, not to mention you would get a set of great sounding IEMs!

I do not use EQ often, but it would seem to me the FX850 doesn't handle it too well, especially added dBs in the mid-range, no?!

EDIT: Just saw this is my five hundredth post. Never thought it would happen. Congratulate me! 
wink.gif

Oct 10, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #2,040 of 3,535
  I had this before I realized I had been fiddling with the EQ in the mid range and had forgotten about it. Are you positively sure the EQ on your Cowon is off or perfectly flat? Guess it's a long shot in your case (the electrical tape seems to indicate that), but if it helps it would spare you the trouble of trying to get a refund, not to mention you would get a set of great sounding IEMs!

I do not use EQ often, but it would seem to me the FX850 doesn't handle it too well, especially added dBs in the mid-range, no?!

EDIT: Just saw this is my five hundredth post. Never thought it would happen. Congratulate me! 
wink.gif

By EQ I'm guessing you mean the Jet Effects?  I doubt they are the issue since I don't have the noise if I listen to it sitting at my desk or if I carry the player in my hand while walking.  Definitely has to do with the cable from the headphones rubbing against the inside of my pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back