The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Aug 3, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #1,786 of 3,535
I ordered mine from eBay and I'm still waiting on them, I would just order whatever size that u normally wear with most tips, and it's 3 pairs per box
http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Jvc+spiral+dot&isNewKw=1&_pgn=1&epp=24&itemId=&isRefine=true&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&sqp=jvc+spiral+dot&trksid=p2056088.m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xjvc+spiral+dot

They ship to USA

Thx just place an order. Currently I love dual flange tips but would like to try this spiral tips too.

Aug 4, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #1,787 of 3,535
So after some extensive traveling and a multitude of listening environments... These things continue to impress. I've never heard CIEMs, but I can imagine how they might sound, that being said... these seem like a steal at the price I got them for new.

Now someone needs to tell me the best balanced w/ DAC portable amp I can get. There seems to be a lot out there...

Aug 5, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #1,788 of 3,535
  So after some extensive traveling and a multitude of listening environments... These things continue to impress. I've never heard CIEMs, but I can imagine how they might sound, that being said... these seem like a steal at the price I got them for new.

Now someone needs to tell me the best balanced w/ DAC portable amp I can get. There seems to be a lot out there...

RSA Intruder.  I really like RSA stuff  even though other ones seem to have newer tech in it.  Battery life is insane.  A full charge can last 8 hours a day for a week straight.  Most are half a day or less.

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #1,790 of 3,535
Anybody give me an idea on how the 850 sound compared to the Senn ie800?

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #1,791 of 3,535
Today my sister tried e 850 w rsa tomahawk n was impressed n want to get something similar, something similar in terms of earphone size as she has much smaller ears than me n e entire wood shell is like hanging outside her ear. Anyone iem recommendations that has e sound od 850 but of a smaller form factor?
Btw she tried e 850 w n wo tomahawk n wanted an amp to as she told me e sound is very different n amped is so much better.(wasnt expecting her to say that as she isnt a audio person who goes around listening tp different setups). For me e amp hits lows deeper n separate music clearer too without being analytical.

Aug 6, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #1,792 of 3,535
Hi guys, I really need some help here!

My Sony HBA-H3's were faulty so I can either get a replacement on them, or refund.  I however have a problem... I've now fallen in love with the FX850's so totally torn between the two.  Has anyone here got both and could I please get a quick comparison between them?  I listen mainly to EDM, Electro Funk (Justice, Daft Punk, Kitsune etc.), but not exclusively to this genre, so listen to pretty much anything.

Any advice greatly received! Thanks guys!!

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #1,793 of 3,535
I just ordered the FX850. This is definitely the most I've ever spent when it comes to headphones and I never thought I'd spend $300 on earphones. Hopefully it gets here before September, I can't wait! :D

Aug 7, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #1,795 of 3,535
  Hi guys, I really need some help here!

My Sony HBA-H3's were faulty so I can either get a replacement on them, or refund.  I however have a problem... I've now fallen in love with the FX850's so totally torn between the two.  Has anyone here got both and could I please get a quick comparison between them?  I listen mainly to EDM, Electro Funk (Justice, Daft Punk, Kitsune etc.), but not exclusively to this genre, so listen to pretty much anything.

Any advice greatly received! Thanks guys!!

if you can get the H3 for $250 like they are going for now that is a great deal but the FX850 is going for around $300 now as well. I would say go for it. I say everyone that is serious about audio should own a pair. It will more than do your music justice. 

I love my H3s but I would definitely rate the FX850 above them. 

Aug 7, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #1,797 of 3,535
Fell as sleep with the FX850 on, woke up, discovered the wire is shorted (wiggle the wire and sound came back, so it's a typical cable failure, everything else is fine)
mad.gif

Anybody who upgraded their cable willing to sell me the stock cable? Please let me know. I quite like the stock cable and cannot pay too much for a cable.

And yes, I understand you can get other mmcx cable, but i'm just trying to get the stock one before trying other cables. Thanks.

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #1,798 of 3,535
Fell as sleep with the FX850 on, woke up, discovered the wire is shorted (wiggle the wire and sound came back, so it's a typical cable failure, everything else is fine):mad:

Anybody who upgraded their cable willing to sell me the stock cable? Please let me know. I quite like the stock cable and cannot pay too much for a cable.

And yes, I understand you can get other mmcx cable, but i'm just trying to get the stock one before trying other cables. Thanks.

That is the EXACT reason I didn't get the FX750.

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #1,800 of 3,535
if you can get the H3 for $250 like they are going for now that is a great deal but the FX850 is going for around $300 now as well. I would say go for it. I say everyone that is serious about audio should own a pair. It will more than do your music justice. 

I love my H3s but I would definitely rate the FX850 above them. 

Thanks so much for the reply, I'm pretty close to pushing that button now! How does the FX850 compare to the H3 for isolation and noise leak? I'll be using these for my daily commute into London so need something that blocks out trains etc. and doesn't leak too much to annoy others...

Also, quick question on the case... Could someone please give me the dimensions for it, or a comparison in size to the H3 one?

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back