The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
May 11, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #916 of 3,535
Never have and I've used them A LOT. 

No worries on Custom fees. Never been charged for any transaction I have done with Tenso.

Great. Thanks guys. I don't mind the fees. Just wanted to know to have cash on hand. Mail guy has always needed pretty much exact change in the past.

May 11, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #917 of 3,535
Just a quick check since my pair will likely arrive in the next two days.
Has anyone that picked this up with Ten so from Amazon shipped to the USA had to pay customs fees?

Did a thread search but only one post mentioned never getting customs fees with tenso.

No problems here either, you're set to purchase my friend.

May 12, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #918 of 3,535
5.0 out of 5 stars JVC HA-FX850, April 9, 2014

By 
Andrew Radvan - See all my reviews

Verified Purchase(What's this?)

This review is from: JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX850 (Electronics)

A complete sounding phone that incorporates the best of JVC has to offer for the enthusiast..These are what I consider a masterpiece of engineering.. Simply enjoyable beyond belief... Get that image of a cheaper bass phones done wrong completely out of your head. Think TH600/TH900 in an earphone and you might have a good idea what I am talking about here.. An absolutely fantastic example of a single dynamic done right...

I wonder who wrote this.?? Hmm.  A review I found on Amazon..

May 12, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #920 of 3,535
  5.0 out of 5 stars JVC HA-FX850, April 9, 2014

By 
Andrew Radvan - See all my reviews

Verified Purchase(What's this?)

This review is from: JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX850 (Electronics)

A complete sounding phone that incorporates the best of JVC has to offer for the enthusiast..These are what I consider a masterpiece of engineering.. Simply enjoyable beyond belief... Get that image of a cheaper bass phones done wrong completely out of your head. Think TH600/TH900 in an earphone and you might have a good idea what I am talking about here.. An absolutely fantastic example of a single dynamic done right...

I wonder who wrote this.?? Hmm.  A review I found on Amazon..

Looks like his name is Andrew Radvan. Dsnuts, If you are not Andrew Radvan, better get the © fast : )
Btw, any idea why the TH600/TH900 sales have dramatically dropped over the past few weeks? Or why the Large spiral dots are out of stock? 
tongue.gif

May 12, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #921 of 3,535
Ya I only bought 2 boxes and they had 10 boxes so that means 8 more boxes was sold. I have no idea, why guys would want a bunch of silicone tips is beyond me.. Fostex phones. Well those aren't cheap..

May 12, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #922 of 3,535
The whole Tenso process was fast and easy. I'm studying for a final in a few hours and these show up at the door at 9am - A pleasant surprise. 

In awe. Only had them in my ears for about 20 minutes, but it has been a great 20 minutes of pure music enjoyment. 
Think I'm going to just enjoy the music for a long while before giving these my usual break down analysis.

Thanks to all those that posted about these. You helped push me over the edge to justify spending $300+ on a non-custom IEM, and I'm happy I did. Yay for making expensive decisions at 1:00 in the morning. 

May 12, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #924 of 3,535
I make all my headphone purchases in the middle of the night, because I can't rationalize it during the day
biggrin.gif

lol I made mine in the morning. I was like greed, just take my money right now ($1,700+ instant transfer) :p. Still don't feel bad about the SE5 purchase either.

May 12, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #925 of 3,535
fx850: burn in process: 50+ hours.
->much much better. There is a little more treble (still not enought for my taste) and the bass is still too slow.
BUT: i tried a LOT of different iem tips
tongue_smile.gif
 and i think the fx850 tips slow down the bass and hid some of the treble.
I replaced the fx850 tips and now the sound is fast , natural and full of details. Love it !  (maybe it's just me?)
I had the same problem with my JVC FXT90. I ended using some other tips. 
L3000.gif

May 12, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #926 of 3,535
  fx850: burn in process: 50+ hours.
->much much better. There is a little more treble (still not enought for my taste) and the bass is still too slow.
BUT: i tried a LOT of different iem tips
tongue_smile.gif
 and i think the fx850 tips slow down the bass and hid some of the treble.
I replaced the fx850 tips and now the sound is fast , natural and full of details. Love it !  (maybe it's just me?)
I had the same problem with my JVC FX90. I ended using some other tips. 
L3000.gif

Are your large tips available? :wink:

May 12, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #928 of 3,535
Originally Posted by azertyproxy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i think the fx850 tips slow down the bass and hid some of the treble.

I am experiencing the same thing using old white RE272 double flange silicone. Perhaps because they go deeper in my ears. The sound feels a little more dynamic, bass articulation feels a touch better and highs feels a tad more sparkly too. I wouldn't say one is better, nice to have affordable options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back