The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Mar 14, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #213 of 3,535
I also have the Heaven V's...How would you compare these two overall?

Both are nicely detailed, great sense of space but more so on the JVC's. Bass is quite different and jvc's have more in quantity and extends further down. V's are more forward overall in sound and vocals are a clear indication of that. Two very different sounds and both present music in an enjoyable way.

Mar 14, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #216 of 3,535
I love many things about my IE8's and 80's - characteristics that are particular to dynamic drivers - wide open soundstage, natural timbre, almost an analogue feel to them - I know these are superior - no hump de bumps - but do they offer the same type of presentation? The same type of dynamic driver attack and decay? 

I am making the move to a few BA customs, but want to thin the herd of universals - going to keep my Westone 3 - a couple of backup TF10's - and one high end dynamic - it sounds like this could be the one...

Am I on the right track?

Mar 14, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #219 of 3,535
  So are these IEM"s going to be what all the cool kids use?

Mine are on the way, BTW.

Are you kidding?. Only the cool kids use em.
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #221 of 3,535
I love many things about my IE8's and 80's - characteristics that are particular to dynamic drivers - wide open soundstage, natural timbre, almost an analogue feel to them - I know these are superior - no hump de bumps - but do they offer the same type of presentation? The same type of dynamic driver attack and decay? 

I am making the move to a few BA customs, but want to thin the herd of universals - going to keep my Westone 3 - a couple of backup TF10's - and one high end dynamic - it sounds like this could be the one...

Am I on the right track?

darn.After listening to ftx90, audio techinca im70 n ie8, have ditch BA & fell in love w dynamic drivers. Cant wait to hear e 850.

Mar 15, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #223 of 3,535
Dynamics are the best:grin::sunglasses:

Hybrids are the best :wink:... Get the best of both worlds :p

On a more serious note, Dannybai thank you very much. You were right about these (you are one of the very few I trust honestly). Even out of the box I am really enjoying them. I was really worried about these being fart-cannons like the FX700s were. The bass does hit hard and there is a lot of it. But it is in balance with the mids and treble. Even at reasonable to slightly higher volumes. While on the FX700 just tapping it a bit and the bass would steal the entire show. Much better. I look forward to hearing them improve with break-in.

Update: The timbre is what I really missed on the FX700. Due to things being noticeably more balanced I can really enjoy that woody timbre. It's the best timbre I've heard on any IEM honestly. So natural. The drums/instruments in general sound so real. Vocals are beautiful. Are these really gonna get better with usage? lmao. Another huge plus for me is the longer cable. The short cable on the FX700 was so annoying. Plus putting on the adapter cable compromised its sound... I listened to some bass heavy tracks and the 850s handled it like a champ.

Mar 15, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #224 of 3,535
Hybrids are the best :wink:... Get the best of both worlds :p

On a more serious note, Dannybai thank you very much. You were right about these (you are one of the very few I trust honestly). Even out of the box I am really enjoying them. I was really worried about these being fart-cannons like the FX700s were. The bass does hit hard and there is a lot of it. But it is in balance with the mids and treble. Even at reasonable to slightly higher volumes. While on the FX700 just tapping it a bit and the bass would steal the entire show. Much better. I look forward to hearing them improve with break-in.

Update: The timbre is what I really missed on the FX700. Due to things being noticeably more balanced I can really enjoy that woody timbre. It's the best timbre I've heard on any IEM honestly. So natural. The drums/instruments in general sound so real. Vocals are beautiful. Are these really gonna get better with usage? lmao. Another huge plus for me is the longer cable. The short cable on the FX700 was so annoying. Plus putting on the adapter cable compromised its sound... I listened to some bass heavy tracks and the 850s handled it like a champ.

looks like its time to spend money again. Happy that I sold my heir 5.0...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back