The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Mar 14, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #196 of 3,535
Ya... but like the fx700 i felt that they didnt have the separation of a multi-ba iem. Soundstage was great but the opened back made it too audible to those around you.
I know some dynamics can fair better than ba's, but from my experience it wont keep up with the best.
How are these in comparison to something upbeat like the ASG2, or even the H3?

Mar 14, 2014 at 3:45 AM Post #199 of 3,535
  I'm gonna have to chime in here after owning these for a week.  At first the bass sounded a little heavy, although controlled quite well.  I put them through 100 hours plus of burn in and everything seems to be in the right place.  Vocals are really good on these phones and sounds...correct.  Bass is still big but really doesn't sound out of place or bothersome like other bass heavy sets might do. Treble is very impressive.  Has really good sparkle like the FAD V's do and never gets fatiguing.  The whole sound has speaker like presentation and is very lively.  I thought it reminded me of the Sony H3 at the beginning but now it's far from it.  The Sony's are more laid back in sound, these will wake you up and get you moving.  Right now, I'd have to say these rank very high in my universal chain.  

I also have the Heaven V's...How would you compare these two overall?

Mar 14, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #200 of 3,535
Ya... but like the fx700 i felt that they didnt have the separation of a multi-ba iem. Soundstage was great but the opened back made it too audible to those around you.
I know some dynamics can fair better than ba's, but from my experience it wont keep up with the best.
How are these in comparison to something upbeat like the ASG2, or even the H3?
only few hours with jvc and not burned in....but I had asg2 until last week.....the 850 filled that void nicely.....im not good at comparing but these have comparable sound...maybe more natural or live sounding....im say even on imaging but with more details without the dip in the treble of asg2

Mar 14, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #202 of 3,535
Good isolation actually..One of the best I have owned..I think it is due to the phones having so many rings and material in the inside of the phones..It does a great job throwing out your music and blocking out external noise..Without music you can still hear your environment but with a bit of music, your completely shut out of whatever is happening..

Mar 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #203 of 3,535
Thankyou! And finally, what about replacement tips? As they are JPN imports I dont' want to faff around getting ones from JVC over there... is there any good foam tips? I always used the Large futuresonics foams as they were the best for me.

Mar 14, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #205 of 3,535
are these better-sounding than the Hifiman RE-600 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back