The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Mar 5, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #31 of 3,535
Need my wood now:sob:....i tried a upgrade cable from china which cost $118 and one side got stuck and I tried many ways to get it out and I also cut myself in the process so I used a plier to pull it out and broke the connector :sob: and now I'm woodless:sob:...need to buy it asap...nothing sounds special like it .....even the cardas em5813:sob:

Mar 5, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #35 of 3,535
  Translate description from amazon japan.

~~■ The sound rich with ■ a sense of reality to absorb the deployment ■ unnecessary vibration and acoustic damper to reduce the broadband vibration loss of deployment ■ unit wood dome unit to realize the extent of natural sound and beautiful sound, a wood ring absorber the carrying case comes with a convenient to adopt ■ carries a detachable code using the provided ■ MMCX terminal spiral dot earpiece to achieve a sound adoption ■ clear Wood housing convey the sound of

Will take it apart here and report back. Don't want to pull a Mochill. Lol. I would be pissed if I messed these up. 

Actually here it is on this pic

Looks like it is.. Upgraded cable anyone?

Yes, from the picture it looks like an MMCX connector, just would like to confirm with owner if you could use Shure SRH1540 cable on it :)
The reason I asked, I plan to cut one of the cable from Shure SRH1540, since they gave 2 cables, to terminate it with 4 pin XLR for balanced connection.
It would be great if they use the same MMCX connector, so if one day I have FX850, I can try it on my balanced amp :D
Or we can use Shure cable replacement (with MMCX connector) that available on local shops and Amazon.

Just checked this website:
http://www3.jvckenwood.com/accessory/headphone/inner/ha-fx850/

It is said there that the connector is MMCX, so should be the same as Shure's connector.

adopt a detachable cord with MMCX terminal

850_code.jpg

Mar 5, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #36 of 3,535
Need my wood now:sob:....i tried a upgrade cable from china which cost $118 and one side got stuck and I tried many ways to get it out and I also cut myself in the process so I used a plier to pull it out and broke the connector :sob: and now I'm woodless:sob:...need to buy it asap...nothing sounds special like it .....even the cardas em5813:sob:

My iem seach was complete because of the fx850 and I thought why not upgrade the cable with shure plug cable:sob: I made a BIG mistake :sob:...now when I buy another set in never going to upgrade the cables :sob::heart_eyes::two_hearts:

Just a warning on cable:sob:...be careful my friend..i don't want the same fate as me happing to you:sob:

Oh no... really sad 
frown.gif
 So sorry to hear that.
Thanks for the warning!

Mar 5, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #37 of 3,535

SOUND:
These have a complete and utter WOW inducing sound from open box..I think what caught me off guard was how large and spacious the sound was. I have owned plenty of the larger sounding earphones.. My H3 and EX600s come to mind but I did not expect, full sized headphone like sound stage and depth from the get go.

The foundation of the sound is one that is musical in approach in that they have this full deep and amazingly wide sound. Now this approach to earphone sound can be done right or wrong but I do believe JVC has pulled some magic out of their hats to make an earphone sound every bit as involving as a full sized can. The sheer space and scope of sound on these earphones are done in a way that I have not heard too many earphones do right. I can tell you, these don't sound like in ear phones. The sound and dynamics equal some of the best sounding full sized cans I have heard. This is quite the accomplishment imo.. 

thanks for that review Dsnuts. after hearing your thoughts on how big these sound, i'm pretty much sold on them. if you don't mind, i have a couple of questions please: how do movies and games sound on them? do you know how the soundstage and bass compare to the sennheiser ie 80 or sony xb90?

also, could you please tell me a good place to order the fx850? thank you again.

Mar 5, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #38 of 3,535
I'd love to add a dynamic to compliment the BAs of my 1964 ears customs. Pretty sure these are exactly what I'm looking for.

Now thr question: Will these come down in price over the next 2-3 months, and by how much would you estimate before settling?

If they were in the $250 region I wouldn't even hesitate, but around $375 is a bit harder to swallow.

Mar 5, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #41 of 3,535
I at least spent $10k+ to reach my perfect iem and I was defiantly done with buying iems for good and my sound craving was finished...

Oh man, I really envy you 
tongue.gif

I hope I can say the same thing, that I've found my dream IEM that satisfy my sound craving 
popcorn.gif

Mar 5, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #44 of 3,535
You should post pics. Let us see the battle scars. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back