The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread
Oct 27, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #440 of 687
Impressive, The more I see pics like this the more I can't wait to get my JH16. I also opted for the titanium bu with the Flying girl logo. Btw is that solid black or transluscent black?

This is how mine is suppose to look like.

Oct 27, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #441 of 687
Impressive, The more I see pics like this the more I can't wait to get my JH16. I also opted for the titanium bu with the Flying girl logo. Btw is that solid black or transluscent black?

This is how mine is suppose to look like.

That will look great. Post pics when you get them.
I chose solid black so it would blend into the swirl better and make the titanium pop. I had a hard time deciding between transparent or solid because I really like seeing the internal components.

I really liked the b&w swirl set I've seen on the jh site and really wanted to work in a design that would create some depth.

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #442 of 687
Very cool Dannn!!

Oct 30, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #443 of 687
I have put in about 10-15 hours on my JH16s so far.  The fit is perfect (I think).  I don't experience any pain and discomfort anymore except for the first hour or two trying to get used to them.  As for sound, they are pretty "boomy."  I'm actually not feeling all that great about the sound quality.  The vocals are lacking and detail just isn't there.  I'm comparing the sound signature to my TF10 and those sound amazing.  However, I'm still very optimistic about the JH16's potential once I get 150+ hours in later.  And I'm not putting down the JH16 at all.  I think they're a great sounding CIEMs and really do hope they magically open up with time as other users have stated.  

My source is an iBasso DX50.  I have all kinds of music files from CD ripped to uncompressed FLAC to 192/24 files.

Guys please tell me everything will be ok? 
confused.gif

Btw, here is a pic of the beautiful pair in transparent white and black.

Oct 30, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #444 of 687
Have you tried other sources other than the Ibasso?

I found mine to be kinda warm at the beginning.  Went from nano to x3,  I switched to silver cables and they got better.  Strangely enough, 4 months later my silver iem cables broke so I went back to stock, they're more clear and detailed than when I first tried them on.  Could be burn in.

Oct 30, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #445 of 687
  Have you tried other sources other than the Ibasso?

I found mine to be kinda warm at the beginning.  Went from nano to x3,  I switched to silver cables and they got better.  Strangely enough, 4 months later my silver iem cables broke so I went back to stock, they're more clear and detailed than when I first tried them on.  Could be burn in.

Yup.  I tried it on my desktop with a Matrix Stage amp and my iPhone 5.  I was surprised to find that it did sound like it had a little more pop than the DX50.  I think you're right about it could be due to burn in.  Sounds like most people posted about the JH16 opening up and vocals become more forward and the lows are controlled.

Oct 30, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #446 of 687
My jh16s are less than a month but the stock cable around the ear region seems to have started oxidisation. With a very slight tint o green that is hardly visable. Is it just me or they jus oxidise real quick ?

Oct 30, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #447 of 687

Yup.  I tried it on my desktop with a Matrix Stage amp and my iPhone 5.  I was surprised to find that it did sound like it had a little more pop than the DX50.  I think you're right about it could be due to burn in.  Sounds like most people posted about the JH16 opening up and vocals become more forward and the lows are controlled.

I'm going to be straight honest with you. 200+ hours later with stock cables, the JH16FP out of the DX50 sounds boomy, vocals recessed, with terribly recorded tracks, but open up with good recordings. However, the bass is still pretty strong compared to that of the TH900, 3DD, and TG334. I mentioned earlier that they rip apart bad recordings like no other. Same experience out of the iPhone 5. 

With the JH3A, they get SO much better...

Oct 30, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #448 of 687
I'm going to be straight honest with you. 200+ hours later with stock cables, the JH16FP out of the DX50 sounds boomy, vocals recessed, with terribly recorded tracks, but open up with good recordings. However, the bass is still pretty strong compared to that of the TH900, 3DD, and TG334. I mentioned earlier that they rip apart bad recordings like no other. Same experience out of the iPhone 5. 

With the JH3A, they get SO much better...

Totally agree about the recording... bad recordings are jus gonna be ripped apart by the jh16s.... its like a lie detector for music.. haha

Oct 30, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #449 of 687
  I have put in about 10-15 hours on my JH16s so far.  The fit is perfect (I think).  I don't experience any pain and discomfort anymore except for the first hour or two trying to get used to them.  As for sound, they are pretty "boomy."  I'm actually not feeling all that great about the sound quality.  The vocals are lacking and detail just isn't there.  I'm comparing the sound signature to my TF10 and those sound amazing.  However, I'm still very optimistic about the JH16's potential once I get 150+ hours in later.  And I'm not putting down the JH16 at all.  I think they're a great sounding CIEMs and really do hope they magically open up with time as other users have stated.  

My source is an iBasso DX50.  I have all kinds of music files from CD ripped to uncompressed FLAC to 192/24 files.

Guys please tell me everything will be ok? 
confused.gif

Btw, here is a pic of the beautiful pair in transparent white and black.

No one should ever judge new CIEM's....They must have 100-200 hours on them before you can get a sense of their true sound. Patience....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back