The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread
Aug 1, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #151 of 687
Any good cable recommendation for my 16's ?  Chris-himself cables are no longer available, it's now HPL.

I don't really believe in cables but just for fun. 

What I mean by good cable is something that you used and experience a noticeable change in clarity whatsoever.

Aug 1, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #152 of 687
I have a Toxic Cable Silver Widow on order. I also have a SIlver Poison in house that I am auditioning. I really like the Silver Poison. I have it for my HD650's too and it was a nice improvement. The Silver Widows are a big step up from there. The only downside is order time. Frank is buried and it is about 4 months to get them. Awesome build quality and sound improvement though.

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #159 of 687
Chrishimself is HPLaudio. The link above is correct. 

I personally own several CH and DHC cables, and have handled/tested many others as listed in my profile. So far as it comes to clarity and detail, any cable made of authentic OCC wiring from a legitimate source such as Neotech or Hakugei sounds best.

As for the cable I'm currently using with the JH16, it's a DHC cable. The sonic improvement over stock cable is immediately noticeable. Although it's more bulky, it offers a more open sound, with much better 3D imaging. Bass texture is improved, and vocals are brought forward. Highs are clearer and more sparkly. Mids seem more buttery but I'm not too sure yet. The cable is still burning in, but I've gone through the same process with at least four other DHC cables so I know what traits to expect. Mid bass bloom is lessened through DHC's cable but it does not go away since it's an inherent trait of the JH16 I'm guessing. 

I can also attest for Chris Himself cables, he's an awesome guy to work with and has inexpensive but high quality cables with fast turn around.

Edit: Oh yes, I forgot to add that all of the above descriptions are actually small differences that you may or may not hear. It is essentially hyperbole in efforts to give a description without being vague. They're no where near the difference it makes switching transducers. Also, take a bag of salt with all this cable talk. Also, I can't write for my life today, my brain is just dead. Nothing I write makes sense to me in my mind as my fingers type... I don't even know if I'm completing sentences or not. Also, the cable below looks INFINITELY better in person as each strand shines in the light and the colors don't blend as much as it does in the picture.

Aug 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #160 of 687
Quote:
Even though I don't own the JH-16, but the JH-13s, I still absolutely loveeeee these headphones. I bought them with the mindset that it'll last me a good while. 

That was my plan as well!

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #161 of 687
I'm seriously considering getting some DHC Symbiote SE Hybrids for my 16's when they arrive. The photo on the DHC site is absolutely gorgeous with the rhodium case friendly plug. I don't have any doubts that Peter makes a great cable and I'm well aware what to expect upgraded cables will and will not do for me. I would order some now but the 16's hit my wallet pretty hard :frowning2:

Aug 2, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #162 of 687
Get the Furutech plug like I did :). IMHO, as a fan of oyaide 3.5mm plugs, I like this one much better. Peter recently started offering them. I was going to get my JH3A cable with the SPC since it's 26awg but then I love salmon, I love salmon steaks, salmon sashimi, salmon nigiri, salmon everything, and I also happen to love candy canes as well, so I got the salmon/candycane wire instead. :p
Quote:
I'm seriously considering getting some DHC Symbiote SE Hybrids for my 16's when they arrive. The photo on the DHC site is absolutely gorgeous with the rhodium case friendly plug. I don't have any doubts that Peter makes a great cable and I'm well aware what to expect upgraded cables will and will not do for me. I would order some now but the 16's hit my wallet pretty hard
frown.gif

Aug 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #163 of 687
Umm I think you lost me after half way through your posting...  thought we were talking about cable ends?
Quote:
Get the Furutech plug like I did :). IMHO, as a fan of oyaide 3.5mm plugs, I like this one much better. Peter recently started offering them. I was going to get my JH3A cable with the SPC since it's 26awg but then I love salmon, I love salmon steaks, salmon sashimi, salmon nigiri, salmon everything, and I also happen to love candy canes as well, so I got the salmon/candycane wire instead. :p

Aug 3, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #164 of 687
I am very pleased with the Toxic Cable Silver Poison CIEM cable. I have one on loan while I wait for my Silver Widow cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back