The Jeans-fi thread
May 14, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #543 of 682
I thought they would fade easily, not that I'm impatience.  I like the dark blue colour with indigo patches of Sugar Cane Hawaii, that's the look I wouldn't want to fade.  
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #545 of 682

Quote:
erratik, how do you get yours to fade ?  My Eternal 811 is getting softer but it hasn't faded because I only got to wear it on weekends.  

they didnt start to get really good noticeable fading til somewhere around 4 months, wearing every single day.  but I didnt do a whole lot of walking around with my course schedule so im gonna start walking around campus with them and just dealing with the hell that is southern louisiana summers.  still gotta take pics, been so busy with finals and stuff

May 17, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #546 of 682

Quote:

I don't remember exactly which cuts I tried on, I know the s5000vx and i'm pretty sure i tried the 710's and both were pretty baggy on me.  I mean, definitely try them on. theyre a great jean, but they didnt really work for what i was looking for

Hmm, I sure will. My 501 STF's are fading nicely, and I can't wait to see how the 710xx's will fit and fade. I'm hoping to get them near the end of my summer break to wear them for the next winter/fall/spring. 19 oz. denim in the summer doesn't sound too welcoming to me.

May 19, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #547 of 682
yea my 883's are . . .14? 17?  one of the two, and they're terrible in this louisiana humidity. BUT DAMNIT I'M GONNA DEAL WITH IT BECAUSE THATS MY RESPONSIBILITY AS A MAN.

Not like those women who decided it's okay to wear sneakers with dresses instead of heels

Jun 18, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #548 of 682
I bought Momotaro this time.  The only thing I dislike about this slim fit is its small pockets.  This denim is well made with smooth feeling cotton inside and out.   

Jun 29, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #549 of 682
Samurai S5000VX 17oz raw arrived yesterday.  The denim was rigid and rough, but it has softened a bit after a hot soak and a wash.  It's a regular fit with good build quality.  

Jul 1, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #550 of 682
http://shop.nudiejeans.com/system/search/product.asp?id=1989&rnum=4

Can someone explain how these, the black coated indigo, will change over time? I've read contrasting things.

I've seen pictures of these just looking really shiny, like tight leather. If they get like this, will the shine wear off after a wash? Does the coating start to come off and the denim show through? I don't really understand, thanks a lot if you can help :)

Jul 1, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #551 of 682
Kicking mule workshop 1980 raw
what real men wear

Jul 1, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #552 of 682
it's going to stay shiny.  'dat coating don't wear off.  also, DO NOT wash them, they shrink like no other.
i mean, the coating is preferable to the black color fading, but it doesn't look good when really tight, so size up a bit

Jul 1, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #553 of 682
ah, not really a fan of the shiny thing :/ its a shame because I've seen them unworn and the coating looks really cool, if the coating just started to ware off after a while to show the denim it would be pretty cool imo. Looks like I'll just be looking at the 'drys' then, are the 'stretch dry' the same as the regular 'dry' ones? why don't Nudie just say unwashed like every one else? :)

Although, to be honest the only reason I'm even looking at Nudie is because they do my size, does anyone know of any other unwashed jeans available in 28" waist?

Jul 1, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #555 of 682
A.P.C are unbelievably boring though 
tongue.gif
 but yeah, apart from these two, most seem to start at 30 
frown.gif

edit: oh and cheap monday, but I can't find anywhere that sells them in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back