The Jeans-fi thread
Jan 6, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #468 of 682
Too late now.  
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #470 of 682
I don't know what you're talking about, but it's not a loss. Just wash them every now and then, with at least a few months in between washes. @ dreamthinker; I don't understand why you're telling the other guy that his nudies are unwearable now. Especially if your cousin told you that; at least have some viable experience with some mid-upper end denim before you go telling someone that his jeans are unwearable. If I'm wrong and misunderstood, I apologize beforehand.
Anyways, since I'm cheap and couldn't really try on some nice denim in person, I got a pair of STF 501's. Gave them two hot soaks, for one hour each, to get the shrink out of them. I don't wear them every day, but at least 4 days out of the week. I've put on about maybe 3 weeks of straight wear on them and the whiskers and honeycombs are starting to come into visibility quite nicely. I'm planning on giving them periodic hot soaks every 2-3 months worth of straight wear instead of washes. I'm hoping to get some decent denim later...maybe later in the summer. I'm looking at Flatheads, Denimes, or Eternals. But as of now....gotta stick with cheap STF's.

Jan 17, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #474 of 682
My newest edition is a Levi's LVC 501 1966.  It's more of a loose fit compare to 1947 and its denim is not as soft.  This one doesn't have a leather patch and it's made in Turkey.  I thought all LVCs were made in America.  

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #477 of 682
Levi's 511 skinny (but not 510 SUPER skinny) are a perfect fit for me! I just bought four pairs, and that's all I'll wear until it gets hot enough to wear shorts again. I bought a couple waist sizes higher than normal, and they fit fine and don't cling to my skin like spandex.

Jan 19, 2011 at 7:45 AM Post #480 of 682
The Evisu I had was stiff even after 20 washes.  I would say its quality was better than most of the jeans I had worn but not as good as Sugar Cane or Warehouse.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back