The Jeans-fi thread
Oct 11, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #436 of 682
I have learned to love Silver Jeans. They are expensive and I won't pay full price but I have gotten 3 pairs for less than $25 a piece. Just gotta have that keen eye for clearance racks. I also have a pair of Buffalo Keans by David Bitton they are more dressy as far as jeans go (in my book). I like them though

Oct 11, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #437 of 682

Quote:
I have some nicely worn in dior 19cm MIJ jeans, and working on a fresh pair of nudie thin finn's right now

My Diors and Thin Finns were probably my toughest pairs of jeans to fade. My Diors are MII though, I probably should of just bucked up and got either the MIJ or sexi08.

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #438 of 682
I bought a Levi's 501 Selvage this time.  The denim is pretty soft.  I have no idea about the denim differences between selvage, Capital E and LVC though. 
redface.gif

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #439 of 682
APC New Standard
Black & Blue

I'm currently trying to pawn off all my previous jeans as they're no longer worn...

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #440 of 682

Quote:
I bought a Levi's 501 Selvage this time.  The denim is pretty soft.  I have no idea about the denim differences between selvage, Capital E and LVC though. 
redface.gif

Selvage denim is usually raw, heavier, and thicker, and such is made on older looms for tighter seams and bonds. Check the seams for the indicative "self edged" stitch.
Capital E is Levi's "premium denim" line. The higher end red tag label.
LVC are contemporary remakes of classic styles, and also typically utilize selvage denim.

As far as price it goes Capital E < Selvage < LVC
As far as denim quality, this is trivial, but I'd say Capital E < LVC = Selvage.

Some argue that LVC is made better to justify the price, but I don't feel that's the case.

Oct 20, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #442 of 682

Quote:
My Diors and Thin Finns were probably my toughest pairs of jeans to fade. My Diors are MII though, I probably should of just bucked up and got either the MIJ or sexi08.

I heard the MII's fit different, so i went for the MIJ straight from the start. I have to say they are still my favorite pair of jeans i've owned to this point. I was actually very tempted to get those sexi08's as they look amazing. Sadly i did not like the fit on my imperial dukes at all. Grabbed the nudies as i got them for pretty cheap, not really concerned of how long they will last, the lower backpockets is a bit weird though. If you want the diors to fade, keep wearing them... it takes quite a long while, mine are 3yrs+ and a few cold washes

Oct 22, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #446 of 682
I have a pair of selvedge 501s (rigid rinse I think?) and I just got a pair of uniqlo selvedge in NYC the other week. Haven't worn them yet as they're off being tailored, but they're stiffer and much slimmer than the baggy 501s. I do hope they'll wear in better, but I think they will because they're better fitted. They really are the best deal for selvedge denim around.

Oct 22, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #447 of 682
Does anyone know of a jean somewhere in the $100 price range that has a slim straight cut (like Levis 514s?)

Oct 23, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #449 of 682

Quote:
Does anyone know of a jean somewhere in the $100 price range that has a slim straight cut (like Levis 514s?)

Uniqlos are slim (even regular straight) and APCs are just above the $100 price range.

Oct 23, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #450 of 682

Quote:
Uniqlos are slim (even regular straight) and APCs are just above the $100 price range.

Thanks, they look nice. I'm looking at upgrading my wardrobe now that I've stopped growing, but I'm not quite ready to buy $300 jeans yet 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back