The Jeans-fi thread
Mar 12, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #226 of 682
I love Japanese denim especially Nudies, I don't buy Levis anymore since they never last 6 months, used to be much better quality but for the price they're the worst quality jeans available here.

Mar 12, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #227 of 682
thats because most levis now are chinese or pakistani made, there are some levis which are us made, but you can notice the price differance,

just keep an eye on the "made in" tab inside the jeans, if you cant find it, dont buy it,

Mar 12, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #228 of 682
Quote:

Originally Posted by simwells /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love Japanese denim especially Nudies, I don't buy Levis anymore since they never last 6 months, used to be much better quality but for the price they're the worst quality jeans available here.

Regular Ralfs (or Alfs now) are my staple. I keep coming back to them despite spending a fortune on stuff like 5EP, Rag & Bone, APC, Edwin, Samurai, etc. I don't know if they sell them anymore but I have several pairs of cheap selvage Uniqlo jeans bought from their store on Regent St in London many years ago which I like as well.
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #230 of 682
Quote:

My LVCs (made in the USA
tongue_smile.gif
) have lasted 8 months so far. I wore them everyday. They are beginning to tear at the crotch area, but that's typical, and nothing a quick patch-up can't fix.

LVC is good stuff.

Mar 14, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #231 of 682
Quote:

I must have missed the memo, but Nudies are from Sweden and most of their jeans are not made in Japan (Italy, Turkey, etc).

Will agree with Teerawit that LVC is decent stuff. Sad that they are consolidating the Japanese LVC line to a Hong Kong based Levis Asia/Pacific office.

Mar 14, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #232 of 682
Quote:

Originally Posted by was ist los? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must have missed the memo, but Nudies are from Sweden and most of their jeans are not made in Japan (Italy, Turkey, etc).

Will agree with Teerawit that LVC is decent stuff. Sad that they are consolidating the Japanese LVC line to a Hong Kong based Levis Asia/Pacific office.

They're made in Italy but from depending on the pair the denims from Japan, USA, Turkey or Italy but either way it's all constructed to the same standard.

I guess I've just had very poor experience with every pair of Levi's I've bought within the last 5 years (previous to that it had been very good though)

Mar 15, 2010 at 7:08 AM Post #233 of 682
Definitely A.P.C. New Standard's, Petite Standard's, Nudie Slim Jim's, Levis 510 or 514 for less forgiving situations. Would like to try some Naked & Famous, or Oni's sometime soon.

Mar 22, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #237 of 682
M3NTAL,

The 514 is most like the Nudie "Slim Jim", it is slightly tapered, but has that straight tube leg. The APC New Standard is a sort of update of the 501, except a bit tighter, but the sizes run big. They are way more flattering than a 501, and although not tapered, still fit and wear really well. The APC "Petite Standard" is tapered maybe a bit more than the Slim Jim and 514, but not to obscene levels (Levis 510) and still very wearable.

Mar 22, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #238 of 682
Currently wearing 501's, but I'm looking to get a new pair. I do like them, but they're probably one of the lowest quality jeans that I've owned. These are my first Levis and I'm not really sure if my next pair will be. We'll see. Fit is more important to me than quality since I find it hard to find some jeans for my thick legs.

Any suggestions? Slim (not skinny) jeans that would fit well with thicker legs (not fat).

Mar 22, 2010 at 7:06 AM Post #239 of 682
if you want good jeans, skip levis,
i had the famous 514 "funk", i had to boil my jeans to get rid of it, and the coin pocket ripped,
i also have a pair of 509´s, which shrunk 2 sizes and i cant wear them anymore, if anyone wears a 34 and wants to trade for a pair of cheap IEM´s for my mom :p

btw, beware of cheaper models from high end brands, i picked up a pair of edwins on sale, and they were tunisian made insted of japanese, so remember you get what you pay for,

Mar 28, 2010 at 7:01 AM Post #240 of 682
Currently wearing Luckies, but Banana Republic also has a nice fit. All of the gap brands seem to have weak denim though, so I have more Luckies. Hollister jeans used to be good before they all became overly destroyed and weak.

--Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back