The Jeans-fi thread
Jan 11, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #196 of 682
OK connoisseurs...

i'm thinking of grabbing a pair of Evisu slimfit. the pair i think i should get is super tight off the rack...

how much do Evisus stretch? also, they're just the right length... will they shrink up?

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #199 of 682
If you could find it for me, that would be awesome. I couldnt find them online. 514s are my favorite cut for jeans. I wouldnt mind them being able to be personalized
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 8:09 AM Post #200 of 682
Levis also has an upscale line, the Levis Vintage Clothing line, that has multiple STF jeans. Slim cuts that come to mind are 505 and 606 super slim from the LVC collection.

Jan 17, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #202 of 682
i had some "designer" jeans, versace, armani, its the same issue with the polo shirts, its a generic product of mediocre quality usualy made in the carribian for the US or central/east asia for europe, with the emblem/brand stiched on for mass consumption as to fund the high culture segment of the business, but the jeans themselfs are mediocre at best,

jeans from more specialized brands like carhartt can easly beat them in quality,

btw, the versaces, worst jeans ever, i bought a black pair, they discolored immidiatly, had weird inconsistent color to them, the texture got funky immidialtly, i guess you have to clean then with your mind or they were 1 use only...

Jan 18, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #204 of 682
So there is life after Head-Fi
k701smile.gif

I've not got into any other brands of jeans, they just seem too expensive. I pretty much only wear Levi's, some of my oldest pairs are at least 7 years old and still going with some repairs here and there. The quality control on newer Levi's (3-4 years perhaps) doesn't seem as good as before, the stitch on the small fifth pocket on one of my pairs (507 bootcut) came apart entirely and on another the the seam isn't perfectly aligned at one of the hems.

I had look at the labels and the countries of origin are Pakistan, Turkey, Tunisia, USA and Mexico. I've got 4 pairs of 501s, they're all from different countries and different fits, none of them are shrink to fit as far as I know
confused.gif
. It's pretty bad how I used to get a brand new pair for £40 about five years ago and now you need to pay out almost double
triportsad.gif
Inflation hasn't been that great...

Jan 18, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #205 of 682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i had some "designer" jeans, versace, armani, its the same issue with the polo shirts, its a generic product of mediocre quality usualy made in the carribian for the US or central/east asia for europe, with the emblem/brand stiched on for mass consumption as to fund the high culture segment of the business, but the jeans themselfs are mediocre at best,

jeans from more specialized brands like carhartt can easly beat them in quality,

btw, the versaces, worst jeans ever, i bought a black pair, they discolored immidiatly, had weird inconsistent color to them, the texture got funky immidialtly, i guess you have to clean then with your mind or they were 1 use only...

That'd funny because all my Armani's say made in Italy on the label.

Jan 19, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #206 of 682
which is curious, becuase alot of armani jeans i found here had "made in tunisia" on the label, i guess its like diesel, that unless you spend around 150-200 dollars on a pair, you get the generic sweatshop made jeans,

and when i say alot of armani jeans i mean in places like department stores or places of decent reputation, not the flea market or street vendor,

Jan 20, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #207 of 682
I have Samurais, Nudies, Edwins, and Ironheart 634srs

Need to repair / strengthen the crotch in all of them

Looking to get a pair of beaters, gonna try a pair of 501s or Uniqlos.

Also want to pick up some Samurai 21oz jeans.

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #209 of 682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrispy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have Samurais, Nudies, Edwins, and Ironheart 634srs

Need to repair / strengthen the crotch in all of them

I've been using a bit of surgical tape to close holes and then sewing over the area with thread in pretty tight passes. I've saved a number of jeans but had to use some extra denim in place to fill in some big blow outs.
IMG_3536.jpg
IMG_3535.jpg

*thread blends a bit better in person.

Jan 23, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #210 of 682
Recently I've been only wearing 501s. But like many, I find that Levi's quality control as of late sucks.

Fortunately while away on work, I found a store that had a bunch of pairs made in the USA. They're probably from around the time the last American factories closed down, but i'm not 100% sure. I do know they fit me great after a hot soak compared to my imported ones(Columbia). So I ended up buying out the stock and threw em on ebay
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back