The Jeans-fi thread
Jan 23, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #212 of 682
Nothing better and more practical like a pair of Wranglers.

Jan 28, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #214 of 682
Those Levi's are better..... id like to see what the next years series of levi's cuts will be like?
tongue.gif

Mar 9, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #215 of 682
I received another Levi's 501 lvc yesterday. This one is in dark blue with some faded areas and the denim is soft. I'm going for dark blue from here on and leave lighter blue for the younger ones.
smile.gif

Has anyone ever tried Levi's slim fit jeans such as Matchstick ?

Mar 9, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #216 of 682
My Levis never last more than a year. They always wear through. I bought some jeans in Germany three years ago... and they are all in good shape.

Mar 9, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #217 of 682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone ever tried Levi's slim fit jeans such as Matchstick ?

Yes, the fabric is very soft/stretchy but the jeans themselves are literally skin-tight (when I went true-to-size).

Mar 10, 2010 at 5:43 AM Post #219 of 682
Me, I haved owned Raw Selvedge Sugar Cane 1966's. First got them a year ago, did the initial wash. after about 150 whole day wears I've washed them again. Came out pretty well, won't be buying any new jeans, I wanna get the best fades out of these.

I also have a pair of Selvedge Edwin Blue Trips. I would really like a pair of Evisu Lot 2000's though from Japan with a white or black kamome. But they're too expensive, and Evisu Japan refuses to sell them here, because they're exclusive.

Samurai make some nice jeans, the 24 oz ones are coming out, but I would usually refuse to wear anything over 17oz because of living in Australia. I 'might' get some Iron Hearts/Samurai's in 21oz and wear them through winter though once I get the fades out of my 1966's.

Once you get a pair of great jeans from the likes of Iron Heart, Samurai, Sugar Cane Co, Evisu Japan (Not the europe ones), Classic Levis 501. etc You won't go back to wearing any other denim. It's just so much different, and they only get better with wear, just gotta man up, I hear all the time about people wearing their 14.5 oz raws complaining. There are guys wearing 21 oz ones and I don't see them complaining.

Mar 10, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #220 of 682
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK connoisseurs...

i'm thinking of grabbing a pair of Evisu slimfit. the pair i think i should get is super tight off the rack...

how much do Evisus stretch? also, they're just the right length... will they shrink up?

If they are Evisu Europe don't touch them.

Buy Naked and Famous ones instead. They'd be of better quality for just as much/cheaper. If you are buying raw I suggest 2 sizes up from your normal size, as they will shrink with a wash or two.

Mar 10, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #222 of 682
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrumpOrMonkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Buy Naked and Famous ones instead. They'd be of better quality for just as much/cheaper. If you are buying raw I suggest 2 sizes up from your normal size, as they will shrink with a wash or two.

interesting... someone i know who is big jean snob said to buy tight, because raw denim stretches... is he misguided?

Mar 11, 2010 at 5:49 AM Post #224 of 682
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrumpOrMonkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

just a heads up for newbies that might be a bit mislead by the 2nd paragraph

. Many of N&F denim arn't raw, instead are already sanforized (meaning pre-shrunk) I think only 2-3 of their line up is actually raw.

If you are a size 34 waist, i would get a size 33 to accommodate for the stretch it will get after wear, but don't account for shrinkage for sanforized jeans.

Mar 11, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #225 of 682
there were ways to know,
like depending on the dye used the texture of the jean changes, some indigos give it a greasy/oily texture in the shop,

also remember to check the "made in" tag inside the jeans, you will find alot of tunisian, chinese and pakistan made jeans today, well, atleast here in europe, in my opinion, shelling out more then 50 euros for a pair of jeans from china/tunisia/pakistan is BS, now, higher end jeans, you will find US made, Italian made, japanese made, i even have a pair of barbours thats made here in spain (i swear, those jeans are made out of pure win), the thing is, by checking the origin of the jeans you can tell if its a generic jean with the brand of the day slapped on it, or if its its been made with quality in mind,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back