The Jeans-fi thread
Jan 7, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #181 of 682
argh, after trying countless pairs of pants, I discovered about 2 years ago that levis 505's are the only ones that really fit me halfway decently. I just bought 2 more pairs online, and they don't fit the same, and someone told me that levis made them baggier. But they also have a higher crotch, so they fit like baggy 501's now. Why would they change a style they've had for decades?

I can't seem to find jeans that are slim-ish (I'm not talking hipster slim, just -ish, not baggy, straight leg), and which have a low enough crotch to be comfortable. I'm not into the tighty whities, and so many jeans have such a high crotch that you wind up in a one side or the other scenario, which is also really not cool.

anyone know any other candidates?

Jan 7, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #182 of 682
Mmm, try 514s, they get skinnier as they go down, but not as extremely as 511 skinnies. Get it a size larger than usual if it feels tight and wear a belt. The tapering is quite subtle, really.

If all else fails, get a pair of jeans with the wash and comfort you like and have it tailored to suit your body.

Jan 7, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #183 of 682
definitely just came to the gear fi section for the first time just now. Ive been wearing designer jeans for quite some time now. First pair were some Joe's rocker fit, which i still have to this day, still look great. Then my second pair was a pair of 7's in the bootcut, though now i absolutely despise 7's, they wear horribly, get holes to fast etc. The only jeans ive bought since those two are Rock and Republics, ive never had a problem with any of the 3 pairs ive got currently. 2 in the henlee style, and one in the Floyd style. The floyds are my favorite pair, though styles are considered bootcut.

Im gonna have to investigate this raw denim you guys are talking about...

Jan 8, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #184 of 682
Question for 501 STFs,

I just got a 35/34 (I usually wear a 34/32) STF rigid and the waist has shrunk pretty well to fit me but the butt and thigh area is still pretty loose. Is there a way to shrink that area only?

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:59 AM Post #187 of 682
Quote:

Originally Posted by R04R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mmm, try 514s, they get skinnier as they go down, but not as extremely as 511 skinnies. Get it a size larger than usual if it feels tight and wear a belt. The tapering is quite subtle, really.

If all else fails, get a pair of jeans with the wash and comfort you like and have it tailored to suit your body.

I love how 514's fit except for the super high crotch and low waist. There's no room for certain important appendages....
angry_face.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #189 of 682
i like wide leg bootcuts, and its rare as heck in higher brands, so you´re not alone,

as for levis, i would be quite careful when ordering online, tons of counterfit jeans out there, but then again, considering the quality of jeans levis is currently pumping out...

i did something crazy yesterday, picked up a pair of barbours, they dont seem like much, but when i put them on, if you excuse the meme, they felt like they were made of "pure win",

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:57 AM Post #190 of 682
Try RM Williams jeans, they do come in boot cut and they are roomier in the crotch. Levi's Capital E collection has boot cut jeans as well. I have a Wyatt which is a low rise, it looks nice but it's tight in the crotch.

Jan 10, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #191 of 682
Bootcut hasn't been fashionable in a number of years, but if you must, there is always the Nudie RRDS and 5EP lowdown boot. Regular tapered, like most Japanese brands, is the way to go these days. Pretty much classic.

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #193 of 682
Signed up for this forum to learn about headphones (like everyone else) and figured I'd have nothing to share for quite some time till I found this thread.

I <3 denim and have owned a few decent pairs in my day.

Sugarcane 1947
Sugarcane X Selfedge collab
PBJ-007
SFx5EP collab
Samurai S5000VX

Not so great but worth mentioning:

Uniqlo T-000 (x3)
Levis STF (current work denim)

To date my absolute favorite pair has been the SFx5EP collab. I was very happy to get my hands on them during an "industry" party quite a while back at "The Denim Bar" (back when Mauro Farinelli co-owned it).

My most prized piece of work are def my S5000VX's. This is them just before getting retired:

IMG_6023.jpg

IMG_6025.jpg

They've since had liquid nail spilled on them and a serious crotch blow out.

This is how they started life:

f00c6d90bbeb098e9c60c70c1481a0bd.jpg

My next purchase will be either a pair of somet 008's, dior 19cm's, or PBJ XX-007's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back