The Ipod Stock Bud Appreciation Thread
Aug 24, 2005 at 11:42 PM Post #46 of 60
I don't know about you guys but I love my iPOD earbuds. They are wonderful in the sense that they show me and allow me to hear what crap sounds like without having to buy BOSE.
wink.gif

Just my 2 cents.

Aug 25, 2005 at 12:15 AM Post #48 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by dommica
I think I did a favor for the whole head-fi community the other day. I was in the apple store, listening to an ipod photo with some triports just to see if they really did suck, and for £150 or whatever they really did! Trouble is, when I was taking them off, they, er, snapped in half lol. Aaah well!
Dom

Very nice! Keep up the good work

Aug 25, 2005 at 1:05 AM Post #50 of 60
I wonder if anyone would ever try to put XLR cables on iPod Earbuds??
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Aug 25, 2005 at 1:38 AM Post #51 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Estilo
I wonder if anyone would ever try to put XLR cables on iPod Earbuds??
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Mine are terminated with XLR. They sound like my HE90. With more bass too.

Aug 25, 2005 at 2:33 AM Post #52 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by dommica
I think I did a favor for the whole head-fi community the other day. I was in the apple store, listening to an ipod photo with some triports just to see if they really did suck, and for £150 or whatever they really did! Trouble is, when I was taking them off, they, er, snapped in half lol. Aaah well!
Dom

Thats it! Well go to all the apple stores and break all the triport headphones, so when other people are like, "Hey maybe I should try these headphones to see if I wanna buy them." Then they wouldgo up to the heaphones and they would all be broken. No one would want to buy a pair of headphones that break that easy.

I also dont think the sound quality on the ipod phones are the worst, they are just nothing compared to anything I have. This may sound crazy but I like them more the the sony ex71s. The 71s have too much muddy bass with okids and awfull highs....just my opinion

Aug 25, 2005 at 3:36 AM Post #53 of 60
The guy who works with me in the office kept insisting that the stock IPod buds were "not that bad" and infact were "really good"... He even let me try them on
confused.gif
... Within seconds I took them out and said "They're no good", handed him my KSC75's and played a song, and he was amazed.

Instantly he started researching where to buy it... Though they don't sell them in Canada, (to my knowledge). It's a shame i didn't buy like 3 of these KSC75's.

They're just wonderful.

Saved me money from the E2C's. But I got a feeling I'll buy them for isolation.

Aug 25, 2005 at 4:14 AM Post #54 of 60
iPod buds: not that bad. far better than some Sony Fontopias I had from many years ago. Since I have no other earbuds I keep them around in case I need extreme portability. Some folks have trouble fitting them; they fit me fine. To all you guys who have never even opened their package / heard them, how can you make claims of their suckitude?

Bose Triports: instantly noticed the excessively boomy and muddy bass. This coming from someone who was not biased against them and came with an open mind/ear. I considered them (before listening) but instead got the Sennheiser PX100s. The Triports are very comfortable, so I'll give them that. That is, except for the headband which is basically hard metal barely covered in fabric. PX100 headband is equally sparse, but the two pads that rest on your head make all the difference in comfort.

Aug 25, 2005 at 5:05 AM Post #55 of 60
Honestly speaking ipod buds are good for buds. I have mx400 but still believe the ipods are better.

Can anyone name a bud that is better than an ipod bud under $75?

Aug 25, 2005 at 5:33 AM Post #56 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by meesha
Honestly speaking ipod buds are good for buds. I have mx400 but still believe the ipods are better.

Can anyone name a bud that is better than an ipod bud under $75?

From what poeple say here, modded sony e888's are probably better.

Aug 25, 2005 at 6:47 AM Post #57 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by -Paolo-
The guy who works with me in the office kept insisting that the stock IPod buds were "not that bad" and infact were "really good"... He even let me try them on
confused.gif
... Within seconds I took them out and said "They're no good", handed him my KSC75's and played a song, and he was amazed.

I think it's great that he could not only perceive the SQ increase with KSC75 over iBuds, but admit it to himself and to you.

Aug 25, 2005 at 7:11 AM Post #58 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
You should have schooled him and wrote down the head-fi address for him (or you could have just slapped him!)
Total side question but what happened to those little Quizno's creatures?? Those guys kicked @$$, they were too funny!

contest_creatures.jpg

Check out the Quizno kittens

Quote:

Originally Posted by tradja
Or you could have just stolen his wallet and thrown it in the river.

Yea, you could tell him something like, "This is your wallet, now this is your wallet on Bose!"

Aug 25, 2005 at 8:04 AM Post #59 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi
contest_creatures.jpg

Check out the Quizno kittens

Yea, you could tell him something like, "This is your wallet, now this is your wallet on Bose!"

I remeber that ugly thing.

Yeah, wallet on Bose...
Similar to "This is your wallet after head-fi."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back