THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping.
Sep 20, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #361 of 687
To test whether it supports 24/192 file one Mac, you can try Audirava. This app can play 24/192 files.

I am pretty interested to.

In addition, I have several questions about this amp.

1. How long is the battery life?
2. Is it really enough for tough phones like HE-6? If it can drive HD 650 and HE-500 fully, I am already very thankful. I really want to know this.

Really appreciate it.

Sep 20, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #362 of 687
The battery life on mine seems to vary based on which gain setting but On high gain it seems to get around 5 or 6
Hours and on low it can get up to 9
I have found.

The intruder drives my he-500
With ease and when I was at Ray's place I auditioned his audeze LCD - 2 and
It drove those to painful volume levels! There is surely plenty of headroom with the intruder.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Oct 10, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #363 of 687
Should I alwasy chose low gain when possible??  i.e. I can turn ak120 volume up and intruder a bit higher and drive se535 happily.  Or I can reduce volume on both and drive on mid gain happily!!

Is one better than other for amp or IEMs or no difference for either?

Thanks.

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #366 of 687
but be careful not to turn high gain on with high vol for iem usage because the amp is powerful enough to damage your iem

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #368 of 687
Dammit. I've pretty much settled on getting an Intruder for use with my CIEMs, the only downside seems to be the battery life. Having lived with the DX100 for a long time, I can do with 7-8 hours though.

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #370 of 687
If you are happy with 7-8 hours then that's pretty much what you gonna get.

I get 14 hours with my DX50 and around 40 hours out of my Rendition 1 amp. I do all my listening at my desk, so while being tied to a charger is not a deal-breaker to me, something like 12-14 hours would have been great.

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #371 of 687
I get 14 hours with my DX50 and around 40 hours out of my Rendition 1 amp. I do all my listening at my desk, so while being tied to a charger is not a deal-breaker to me, something like 12-14 hours would have been great.

Yeah I feel the same, when using the intruder I usually hook it up on my desk as I use it mainly for my home setup. I pair the DX50 with the Pico Slim and this little fella lasts a long time, the DX50 dies a few times before I recharge the Pico. The dap is becoming the limiting factor.

Oct 22, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #372 of 687

If you think you might need a second charger, get it at the time of your original order.  It is cost prohibitive to order one after the fact with shipping.

Oct 22, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #374 of 687
  If you think you might need a second charger, get it at the time of your original order.  It is cost prohibitive to order one after the fact with shipping.

Thanks, I'll definitely be getting a second one. One to stay permanently at the office and one for the bag/home 
smile.gif

Dec 5, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #375 of 687
Added the Intruder to drive a pair of HE-6 w/the benefit of a quality portable amp.  On the balanced HE-6, the sound is clear and the background black, and the phones are opening up while burning the system in.  The volume needs to be pushed to max on sources as well as amp, but this doesn't seem to affect SQ.  Am hoping to hear impressions of others with this combination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back