THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping.
Jan 4, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #406 of 687
  It is a difficult question to answer.  But if I were to make a guess based on switching between phones, maybe the LCD-XC won't open-up to the extend of sounding as "open" as the LCD3.  

With the balanced Intruder in the line, are there anythings that you prefer with the XC over the LCD3?

Jan 6, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #407 of 687
Yes we can.
Parts & labor are free of charge customer pays shipping fee only.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

OMG ! this is kind of service I am talking about. I will be contacting Ray about my SR71b upgrade.
I am impressed !.

Jan 6, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #408 of 687
Is it worth to buy

1. CLAS -db with ALO balanced interconnect ($599 + $129)
or
2. Intruder ($700)

I already have SR71b but if Intruder DAC is as good as CLAS then I can ditch SR71b.

Many thanks,

Jan 6, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #409 of 687
And 1 more question, is it worth to upgrade the previous SR71b to match the Intruder SQ ? I bought mine back in mid 2011.

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #410 of 687
And 1 more question, is it worth to upgrade the previous SR71b to match the Intruder SQ ? I bought mine back in mid 2011.

The sound is a little more refined and open. A little blacker background. The sound of the Intruder is one of the best sounds around. 

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #411 of 687
Im rly interested in a comparison between sr71b, intruder, and the new algorithm duet. Anyone have any sorta info they can give me? :)

Jan 17, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #413 of 687
Update available for those who own the Intruder. A change that improves the sound even more. Materials are covered, all you pay is the shipping. 

Jan 18, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #417 of 687
  Wow, I bought my Intruder not long ago but never heard about this.  How are people finding out?  I have to say this is disappointing.

This just came about. How many places will improve your amp or dac just for shipping cost? Many will call it a II and you have to buy a new one. I think there is a AK100 II out now. They changed the output resistance, but do not offer an upgrade, just buy the new dap. 

Jan 18, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #418 of 687

Wow, I bought my Intruder not long ago but never heard about this.  How are people finding out?  I have to say this is disappointing.

This just came about. How many places will improve your amp or dac just for shipping cost? Many will call it a II and you have to buy a new one. I think there is a AK100 II out now. They changed the output resistance, but do not offer an upgrade, just buy the new dap. 

+1.  That shows terrific customer care, IMO.

I keep wanting to try a RSA product, but they don't make website buying a simply click-and-pay process.  Have to call them for some reason to set-up payment.  Guess I'm spoiled by all my Amazon purchasing:  look for what I want, put it in my shopping cart, a couple mouse clicks, on its way to me.  LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back