The insignia bookshelfs are on sale again!
Aug 6, 2006 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Predator88

100+ Head-Fier
Just a heads up for all you out there (like me) who have yet to pick up those insignias that people are raving about. Best Buy has them on sale again for $40.

Aug 6, 2006 at 12:30 PM Post #4 of 15
Aug 6, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #5 of 15
I've had these speakers for about 2 months and they continue to amaze me. Although I did get a new CD player so that probably is a factor.

Aug 7, 2006 at 3:22 PM Post #7 of 15
Well I was just gonna use my receiver. Alot of people say that a cheap and good way to power them is with the $30 T-amp from thinkgeek.com

Aug 7, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #10 of 15
Just went to Best Buy, the local store doesn't have the Insignia speakers, AHG! Stopped by the local Circuit City and listened to some Polk Bookshelf speakers for 100 bucks... They sounded pretty nice. But I never got the chance to compare them to the Insignias. I don't know whether to go with the Polk set or grab the Insignia speakers off the net.

On a side note, anyone know how Sherwood amps are?

Aug 8, 2006 at 12:04 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by TiredNinja
What do you power them with Ribs? I'm thinking about picking up the Insignia amp, but I haven't really heard anything about it.

I just use an old Kenwood reciever. Sounds great. Eventually I am getting a Denon reciever to mate with it.

Sep 14, 2006 at 5:55 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellafella321
does anyone know if these are on sale in stores? or if the sale price is online only?

I just got these yesterday. The store price here in KS was 49.99. I just asked the lady at the register if they matched bestbuy.com. She said yes. Then she just asked me how much they were on the website. Heck, i prob. could have said 29.99 b/c she didn't check with anyone else. She just typed in the new price and that's it.

P.S. I'm lovin them so far.

Sep 14, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #15 of 15
This speaker is excellent for the price. You can substantially increase the sound quality with about $35 in material, btw. Replace the worthless internal acoustic damping material with something that actually works, and fill the entire volume using a material such as 8 lb/ft^3 density rock wool board and apply some Dynamat or equivalent to the interior walls in at least 1/4 the wall thickness. Peel N' Seal from Lowe's is very close the Dynamat functionally, and much cheaper. I can provide pictures of modification if needed.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back