The inside of ACS T1 (old vision) shocked me when I opened it..And now I'm confused.....
Mar 12, 2014 at 6:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

unterwegs1989

New Head-Fier
Firstly I must be honest to say that I've got no good impressions of ACS T1(old vision)...the bass quality is even worth then  some $50-IEMs. So I try my best to avoid to review it in this thread...

My ACS T1 was found broken for weeks. And I contacted the Scheinhardt Lab(where I had my T1 made in Germany). The people there told me that the fix could cost 100-400 Euros....It's simply to expensive if I need to pay 400 euros for repairing when the IEM itself costed only 790 euros.

So I decided to open it myself to see what ever on earth happened inside and try to fix it, Then I can find someone remold it.

But,but,but.....when I opened it I was totally shocked! Where's the crossover system?! What I saw was only drivers and wires,but no chips for frequency divider...
Before I bought it I read from their website that it was a 3-way but now what
confused.gif
?

When I tested te drivers I was shocked to death....
It should be 3-driver-system but only 2 of them worked!! Each side got one driver free.

I payed nearly 800 Euros willing to buy 3-driver, 3-way-system, but what I got was a 2-driver, 1-way-system
mad.gif
.....Now I see why the bass got an ugly performance...

So is there anyone also use this IEM? How do you like it? Who can tell me what happened to this poor IEM before ACS got their line- up updated????

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #6 of 25
I've heard t1 once, from a firend in uk, I remember the vocal was superb but the bass was like tapping plastic bottle, maybe same problem in that one as well? Don't know if this is common, you should ask them to send you a new version one.

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #7 of 25
But if what he is saying is true the iem was made incorrectly . Did he opened both? Maybe the other side can be used as evidence ?

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #8 of 25
I figured he did because he said each side has 2 which he couldn't have known unless he opened both up. 

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #10 of 25
  yep,you are right...I opened both side, and now try to get contact with the manufactorer(try to hold my fire......)

I'd be careful with how I start the conversation, some manufacturers don't respond if it causes them trouble. 

Mar 12, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #13 of 25
As a T1's owner myself, I'm sorry to hear what you have experienced. If I were you, I'd try contacting ACS UK instead of going through a dealer. IME, they were generally quite helpful and responsive, even to a potential customer.

Mar 12, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #14 of 25
  As a T1's owner myself, I'm sorry to hear what you have experienced. If I were you, I'd try contacting ACS UK instead of going through a dealer. IME, they were generally quite helpful and responsive, even to a potential customer.

Thx for your advise...but Scheinhardt Lab is not a dealer...they make the whole Line up of ACS for German orders. I've tried to contact to ACS UK but they turned me to the Scheinhardt again.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back